Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
Here we share a simple step by step guide to Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. Recently Nougat 7.0 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was rolled out, and the update is quite stable, but If you update your phone but don’t like the update for any reason, then you can easily revert to a lower version (Android Marshmallow). You need to download Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow firmware to downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to Marshmallow from Android Nougat and process is very simple. Check below guide to Downgrade Galaxy Note 5 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow 6.0.
Stable Nougat version of Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is available for download and many users already updated their phone to nougat. But many device owners are still not happy with the Android 7.0 Nougat update for various reasons. If you are one of the users and would like to revert Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to the Marshmallow version, then you are in the right place here we share the method to Downgrade Galaxy Note 5 to Marshmallow from Nougat.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- The following process is not tested by me but reported by many users that it works well
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the unexpected shutdown in-between the process.
Requirement to Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to Marshmallow
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Stock Marshmallow Firmware SM-N920G. (Search your country and download 6.0.1 firmware)
- Download Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow Firmware SM-N920G. (Search your country and download 6.0.1 firmware)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Nougat/Marshmallow Firmware SM-N920W8. (Search your country and download 6.0.1 firmware)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Nougat/Marshmallow Firmware SM-N920T. (Search your country and download 6.0.1 firmware)
- Other Samsung Galaxy Note 5 variant
How to Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now download the Stock Firmware from above.
3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the Odin_v3.10.7.exe file on your PC.
5) Connect your Galaxy Note 5 to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.
8) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
9) Now locate and add the stock firmware file .tar or .md5 file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin
10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
11) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen.
So this is the complete guide to Downgrade Samsung Galaxy Note 5 from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. Have any questions? Do let us know that in the comments below.