Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto Z Play [AOSP 8.0 & Lineage OS 15 ROM]
Now you can Update Moto Z Play to Android 8.0 Oreo by installing latest Lineage OS 15 or AOSP 8.0 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 8.0 Oreo Update for Pixel and Nexus Devices and Android Oreo Source code. Now developers already start working on building a ROM based on Oreo and now unofficial Lineage OS 15 for Moto Z Play is available for download. If you want to taste Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Moto Z Play then follow our guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto Z Play.
XDA Recognized Developer TeamMex and Alberto97 released the initial build of AOSP 8.0 and Lineage OS 15 ROM for Moto Z Play and the ROM is stable enough to use as daily driver. The ROM comes with many Android Oreo features and may contain some bugs. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto Z Play from below.
The ROM is an initial Android Oreo build for Moto Z Play and missing many features but it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Oreo on Moto Z Play. The Moto Z Play Android Oreo ROM brings all Android Oreo features to your device. Download Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto Z Play from below and Update Moto Z Play to Android Oreo manually.
- This ROM is work on Moto Z Play. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Moto Z Play
- Download LineageOS 15 ROM for Moto Z Play – Download (Development Page)
- Download AOSP 8.0 XPerience ROM for Moto Z Play – Download (Development Page)
- Android 8.0 Oreo Gapps For Moto Z Play – Download
- Magisk for Moto Z Play – Download
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto Z Play
- First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Andriod 8.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Android 8.0 Oreo on Moto Z Play. Let us know how’s your experience with Lineage OS 15 update for Moto Z Play by comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.