Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T (OxygenOS Open Beta 4)
Good news for OnePlus 5T Users, Latest Android 8.1 Oreo update for OnePlus 5T is now available for download. The OnePlus 5T Android 8.1 Update is an official build and rolling out as OxygenOS Open Beta 4. If you want to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T or want to Update OnePlus 5T to Android 8.1 Oreo then Download OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 5T from below and install it manually.
OnePlus 5T OxygenOS Open Beta 4 build not only brings the latest Android 8.1 Oreo but also bring February 2018 security patch and lots of new features. OnePlus 5T Android 8.1 Oreo update is about 1.6GB in size and soon will be available for all users. Follow below guide to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo On OnePlus 5T.
The update is an “OxygenOS Open Beta” and you will receive the OTA if you are in previous Open Beta build else you have to flash it manually via ADB Sideload. After flashing OxygenOS Open Beta 4 on OnePlus 5T you will continue getting the OTA. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 5T to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T.
OnePlus 5T Android 8.1 Oreo Changelogs –
- Upgraded system to Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- Added more clock styles for ambient display
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-02
- Added New auto pick up gesture – answer incoming call by raising the phone
- Added global roaming solution
- Gaming Mode
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode for immersive gaming experience including
- Notifications blocking, power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- OnePlus Switch
- Supported data migration for application backup
- This method is only for the OnePlus 5T.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 5T
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T
Method 1 –
1) Download Open Beta 4 ROM for OnePlus 5T from above and copy the file to internal storage.
2) Now Reboot your phone into recovery Mode by holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
3) Choose “Install from internal storage/Install from local“.
4) Now find your .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm.
Method 2 –
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 4 OTA zip file for OnePlus 5T from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Install from USB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 4 on OnePlus 5T by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Now wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone.
This is the easiest way to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5T. Let us know your thoughts about OnePlus 5T Android 8.1 Oreo update in the comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.