Download and Install Android P Beta on Google Pixel Devices
At the Google I/O 2018 annual developer conference, Google announced the rollout of Android P Beta for Pixel devices and for a range of non-Pixel devices. The new Android P Beta brings design tweaks and new features like gesture navigation, home swipe gestures, revamped Pixel Launcher, Adaptive Brightness with machine learning, and much more. From below you can Download and Install Android P Beta on Google Pixel Devices.
Thanks to Project Treble, Android P Beta is also available for a range of non-Pixel devices likes Nokia 7 Plus, Sony Xperia XZ2, Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, Essential PH-1 and Vivo X21 UD. The easiest way to get Android P beta on your Pixel device is to enroll it in the Android Beta program to get the update over-the-air. Either wait for the OTA or follow below guide to Download and Install Android P Beta on Google Pixel Devices.
There was two method to get Android P Developer Preview on your device either install Android P developer preview OTA Updates through Android Beta Program or Download Android P Beta Factory Image for Pixel Devices and flash it manually. Here we provide the download link for Android P Beta 2 for Google Pixel Devices and method to install it manually.
Download Android P Beta for Google Pixel Devices
Download Android P Beta Factory Image –
- Google Pixel – Download
- Google Pixel XL – Download
- Google Pixel 2 – Download
- Google Pixel 2 XL – Download
- Download Android P Factory Image for your device from above.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot driver installed (Check out How to setup ADB and Fastboot on windows and Setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac)
- Unlock Google Pixel Bootloader
- Installing Factory image will wipe all your phone data so take Complete Backup of your Device before proceeding.
How to Install Android P Beta on Google Pixel Devices –
Method 1 –
- Go to the Android Beta website.
- Scroll down to your Google Pixel device and click on Get the Beta.
- Sign in to your Google account if you haven’t already.
- Now scroll down to see your device listed. Click Opt in on the device you want to install Android P beta.
- Check I agree to terms of the beta program and click Join beta.
- Now wait for a few minutes, and then on your phone, go to Settings > System > System update.
- Tap Check for update. The device will start downloading Android P beta update.
- Once it is downloaded, click Download and install.
Method 2 –
Either install Android P developer preview OTA Updates through Android Beta Program or Download Android P Beta Factory Image for Pixel Devices from above and flash it manually with below process.
So this the complete guide to Download and Install Android P Beta on Google Pixel Devices. If you have any doubts comments below.