How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Meizu PRO 5
The Meizu Pro 5 is a high-end phone packed with advanced features. Meizu PRO 5 running on the latest Flyme OS. The bootloader of Meizu Pro 5 international variant is unlockable means you can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Meizu PRO 5. Also, we know that TWRP 3.0.0 released recently means you get the latest TWRP on Meizu PRO 5. The process of Meizu PRO 5 root is very easy all you need to follow the steps. But before you root Meizu PRO 5, you need to unlock its bootloader (check How to Unlock Bootloader of Meizu PRO 5). So before we explain to you how to root Meizu PRO 5 and install custom recovery on Meizu PRO 5, you can check why you should root your device.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After you root Meizu PRO 5 and install custom recovery you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root Meizu PRO 5 and Install Custom Recovery –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download and install Universal ADB driver for Meizu PRO 5 if above doesn’t work.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Meizu PRO 5 and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- Download SuperSu to root Meizu PRO 5 and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Meizu PRO 5 –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Meizu PRO 5.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
8) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Meizu PRO 5.
9) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Meizu PRO 5 successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Meizu PRO 5 with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.