How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix
Now you can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix. Latest beautiful flagship device from Xiaomi is already available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to root Mi Mix then you are in right place. Here we share how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix. First you need to install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix and then flash SuperSu to Root Mi Mix. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 22.214.171.124 on Mi Mix. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Mi Mix.
If you are a Mi Mix user, then you can Root Mi Mix and Install TWRP Recovery On it. And the good news is you get the official version of TWRP for Mi Mix. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix. Read the below note carefully before you Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- You need to unlock bootloader of Mi Mix before proceeding. (Check how to Unlock Bootloader of Mi mix)
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Mi Mix –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- You need to Unlock your Phone’s Bootloader. Check out How to unlock bootloader of Mi Mix.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Mi Mix.
- Latest dm-verity and forced encryption disabler zip
- Download SuperSu to root Mi Mix and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘USB Unlocking’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Mi Mix from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below command or pressing “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now type below command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
8) Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
9) Now without leaving TWRP, transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip to your device over MTP and flash it.
10) Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes” (If you want to mount internal storage).
11) Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Mi Mix.
12) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Mi Mix and install custom recovery on Mi Mix successfully. The first reboot takes some time to start the system.
That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix. If you have any questions, then comment below.