How to Root Android Phone without PC [Updated 2016]
Android is the most common, popular and most customizable open source operating system. Now most of the smartphone comes with pre-installed Android or Android-based OS. If you have an Android phone, you may be heard the word root somewhere. There is many methods which root an Android phone with one click but we choose the best one. So today we discuss firstly what is root and then How to Root Android Phone without PC. Check below to How to Root Android Phone without PC.
What is Root– Rooting is equivalent to jailbreak iPhone. Rooting means you can bypass all Android security, and you should get superuser rights on your phone. With these rights, you can install a custom recovery, custom kernel and custom ROM’s in your phone. You can improve battery life of your phone with automated kill background apps, block ads, backup your phone and the best thing is you can uninstall bloatware( pre-installed Android apps). Now the thing is how to root your phone?
How to root – Many people do not root their phone because of long or complicated methods. If you want simple or one click method to root your phone, this topic is for you. Today we discuss two apps that root an android phone with one click, and these apps also unroot your phone with one click. First, one is framaroot, and the other one is kingroot. We discuss step by step guide of both one by one. Before you Root Android phone without PC, check out benefits of rooting.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- The below method will not erase any data but we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone first and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Root Android Phone without PC –
A) Framaroot – Framaroot is the universal one click root method that works on lots of mobiles. You can check the list of all supported devices below. This app developed by Xda member @alephzain that allow a user to root and unroot their phone with one click. Now we explain step by step instruction on how to Root Android phone with Framaroot –
You can check list of supported device from here- [Framaroot] Supported devices
1) First, you need to download Framaroot app or copy framaroot.apk on your mobile if you downloaded it from PC.
2) Now go to your phone setting–>security and make sure that unknown source was ticked.
3) Install Framaroot.apk on your device (if you get warning message shown below click on install anyway) and open the app after the installation complete.
4) Now you see two option first one is ‘select an action to execute after root‘ select ‘install SuperSu‘ if you want to root otherwise ‘unroot‘ if you want to unroot your phone and the second one is ‘select an exploit in the list above to potentially root your device.’
5) Now select Install SuperSu and first exploit from the list it starts rooting your device when you click any exploit from the list if you get “Success.. Superuser and SU binary installed. You have to reboot your device“. Otherwise, you get “Failed … Try another exploit if available.”
6)If you successfully rooted you can check the link below if your phone is rooted or not. If you get failed message try another exploit or move to different method listed below.
B) Kingroot: – Kingroot is almost same as framaroot, it Root Android phone without PC. Previously this app was only in the Chinese language, but now they have English version also. Check how to Root an Android phone with Kingroot.
1) Download Kingroot app and install it on your device.
3) After installing the app, Open it. It will check your device status, if the root is available for you or not.
4) Now click on ‘TRY TO ROOT’ to start the rooting procedure. It will check for working exploit to root your device and take only a few minutes to complete the process.
5) Reboot your device, when the process Completes. That’s it you successfully Root Android Phone without PC.
Another one click rooting methods are kingoroot, towelroot, and cf auto root is also Root Android Phone without PC. You can try towelroot and cf auto root if you have Samsung mobile and above method don’t work for you.
How to check your phone is rooted or not?: –If you try one of the above methods, then it’s time to check above method work for you or not. For that, you have to download an app called Root Checker. Once you install the app open it and click on verify root once you click it it ask permission for superuser, allow it. You get the following message ‘congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device.’
This is complete guide to Root Android Phone without PC with two best methods. Let us know if above one click root methods work for you or not by commenting below.