How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge on Android Nougat
Here we share the easiest way to How to Root Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge on Android Nougat. Recently Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge devices receive the Nougat update and many users already looking for a way to root Galaxy S6/S6 Edge on Nougat. Thanks to the developer Shamako who share a way to Root Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge on Android Nougat within minutes. Follow the below guide to Root Galaxy S6/S6 Edge on Nougat.
To Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge on Android Nougat, you need a device running on Nougat, TWRP image which can be flashed via ODIN and Magisk Root zip file. The process to Root Galaxy S6/S6 Edge on Android Nougat may break Samsung Pay on your device, but this process is reversible, and you can unroot anytime. Check How to Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge on Android Nougat from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- After rooting, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- This method only works on Galaxy S6/S6 Edge running on Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root Galaxy S6/S6Edge on Android Nougat –
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot on Windows or ADB drivers for Mac.
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers.
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S6 G920F, G920FD and G920I – Download
- TWRP Recovery for Galaxy S6 Edge G925F, G925FD and G925I – Download
- Download the Magisk-v11.1.zip file (From XDA thread) and copy it on your phone’s internal storage.
Steps to Root Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge on Android Nougat –
1) First enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlocking’ from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now Download all files from above and extract it.
3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the Odin exe file on your PC.
5) Connect your phone to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.
7) Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
8) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
9) Now locate and add the twrp-3.x.x.tar file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
11) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S6/S6 Edge.
13) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select Magisk-v11.1.zip.
14) Now swipe to Flash the above file and reboot your device.
15) Install Magisk Manager from the Google Play store and launch the app.
16) Now Install/Upgrade Magisk as and if prompted and reboot.
So this is the complete guide to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge on Android Nougat easily. If you have any questions, then comment below.