How to Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow Manually
Asus has finally starts rolling out the Marshmallow update for Zenfone 2 (ZE551ML/ZE550ML). Asus ZenFone 2 Laser and Zenfone Max already received the Android Marshmallow update. The update is an Official build which rolled out in phase wise manner. The update is rolling out via OTA (Over the Air) but for those who don’t want to wait for the OTA can manually Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow. The ASUS ZenFone 2 runs on Android Lollipop but now you can Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow. The new Marshmallow update packed with features like Now on Tap, Doze Mode, App Permissions and more. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML and ZE550ML is available via OTA (over-the-air) and it is about 1.1GB in size. Here we provide you the OTA zip file with that you can Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow manually via ADB or recovery. Before you Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow check the release note from below.
Latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML and ZE550ML is rolling out and soon other zenfone variants will receive the Marshmallow Update. Asus ZenFone 2 Marshmallow Update not only bumps the version to Android 6.0 but also it removed a dozen of unwanted bloatware and comes with many improvements and bug fixes. To Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow manually, first download the FOTA file for zenfone 2 from below.
- Make sure you at least 2GB of free space on your device.
- This process is only for ZenFone 2 (ZE551ML and ZE550ML) so don’t try this on any other variant.
- The update won’t work if you disabled any system app or move APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- I am not responsible for any damaged hardware or software arising from this process, so proceed at your own risk.
- Battery level should be 75% before you Update ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow.
- It is recommended to take backup of your device and do a factory reset after installing the update if you are facing forced closed error.
Download Marshmallow OTA File for ASUS ZenFone 2 –
- Download ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML Marshmallow FOTA file – Download
- Download ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE550ML Marshmallow FOTA file – Download, Mirror
- ASUS ZenFone Max Marshmallow update – Download
- ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser Marshmallow update – Download
How to Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow Manually –
1) To manually check the update, you can head over to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update.
2) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the Android Marshmallow for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML and ZE550ML from above Copy ROM to a folder (If using ADB Method) or rename it to update.zip and save it your phone internal storage (If using Recovery Method).
Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow using ADB Sideload –
1) First, Download the files from above.
2) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing Power+Volume Up
3) Choose Apply Update from ADB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On Marshmallow ROM folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the Marshmallow ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip Example adb sideload FOTA-Z00A-WW-22.214.171.124-user.zip or adb sideload FOTA-Z008-WW-126.96.36.199-user.zip
8) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone (first boot will be longer than 5 minutes)
9) Done! You Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow successfully.
Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow using Recovery –
1) First, Download the files from above.
2) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing Power+Volume UP.
3) Now in recovery mode choose to apply update from sdcard.
4) Now select update.zip file.
5) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone.
This is the easiest way to Update ASUS ZenFone 2 to Marshmallow manually. If you have any questions, comment below.