Today we discuss how to Download and Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Samsung recently launched Galaxy S8 and S8+ and Root and TWRP already available for Galaxy S8 and S8+ (Check out How to Root and install TWRP recovery on S8). If you root your device and something went wrong or for any other reason you want to flash stock firmware on Galaxy S8/Plus, then you are in right place here we provide you the link to Download Stock Firmware of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. Check below steps to Download and Install Official Firmware of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Galaxy S8 and S8+ are flagship devices from Samsung which is already available in markets. The phone is awesome and probably the best phone available in the market but still, if anyone faces problems like Screen freezing, unresponsive Touch, camera fail or bootloop, you can factory reset or Download Stock Firmware of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus. By installing stock firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus you can solve an issue like screen freeze, stuck in the welcome screen, boot loop issue or unbrick your phone. The Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock firmware are now available for many regions. Here is the step by step guide on how to Download and Install Stock Nougat Firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
Benefit of Stock Firmware –
- Flashing Stock Firmware will downgrade your phone if you don’t like the new update.
- Flashing Stock Firmware will Upgrade your phone.
- Flashing Stock Firmware will fix bootloop issues on Galaxy S8.
- Flashing Stock Firmware will completely Unroot Galaxy S8.
- Installing Stock Firmware will Unbrick Galaxy S8.
- Flashing Stock Firmware will help to Revert Galaxy S8 back to Stock or Factory state (Helpful if you are facing force close error or any other lags)
- This method is only for the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Stock Firmware of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus –
- Download Odin for Samsung Galaxy S8/Plus – Download
Download Samsung Galaxy S8 Stock Firmware –
- Galaxy S8 SM-G950F Stock Firmware – Download
- Galaxy S8 SM-G950N Stock Firmware – Download
- Galaxy S8 SM-G950U Stock Firmware – Download
- Galaxy S8 SM-G950W Stock Firmware – Download
Download Samsung Galaxy S8+ Stock Firmware –
- Galaxy S8 SM-G955F Stock Firmware – Download
- Galaxy S8 SM-G955N Stock Firmware – Download
- Galaxy S8 SM-G955U Stock Firmware – Download
- Galaxy S8 SM-G955W Stock Firmware – Download
How to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now download Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ Stock Firmware from above.
3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the Odin_vxx.exe file on your PC.
5) Connect your Galaxy S8/Plus to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the Bixby and volume down buttons, then press the power button. until you see the download mode screen.
7) Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
8) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
9) Now locate and add the stock firmware file .tar or .md5 file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
11) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will Flash Firmware on Galaxy S8 and S8+.
This is the complete guide to Download and Install Stock Firmware of Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus in easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.
Will this show as a hacked device? I have a verizon gs8+ that I want the Sprint software on but from that point on I want it to act as a normal Sprint gs8+. Thank you for you help.