Effective marketing is the key to make your brand a success in the cut-throat competitive market. Marketers tackle creative demands, channel decisions, promotions, budget limits, technological tools on a day-to-day basis when developing their marketing strategy. A Content marketing strategy sets the vision and roadmap for brands to attract, engage, delight their audiences with the right content and convert them into leads.
A strategic B2B marketing is a huge opportunity to position your brand as thought leaders; as masters at the top of your field and to become a cardinal voice in your industry. A B2B content plan delivered with PowerPoint slide decks with professionally crafted templates like Infographic PowerPoint template, Digital Marketing template, Sales Funnel templates reinforces your branding in the minds of your stakeholders.
What is B2B Marketing?
Business to Business (B2B) marketing is quite distinctive from Business to Consumer (B2C) marketing. Where B2C marketing targets the needs, interests, and challenges of individual consumers, B2B marketing focuses on selling products and services to other businesses or corporations. B2B marketing is the art of leveraging content to expand the business audience, boost and amplify brand affinity, and ultimately drive leads and sales by appealing to other businesses.
Why do you require a B2B Content Marketing Strategy?
A successful B2B content marketing strategy prompts the construction and progression of useful, best-in-class content produced by professionals. 60% of businesses with a documented B2B content strategy function with superiority closing deals with business decision-makers effectively. A productive B2B content marketing plan assists you to
- Track your ideal buyers
- Create desirable content
- Allocate maximum resources
- Keep you goal-focused.
Here is your ten-step guide to creating your flawless B2B content marketing strategy:
Determine Goals and Specify Objectives
B2B content marketing pillars on definite goals to build an audience, acquire profit and impress the investors. Record your goals keeping your brand essence on the forefront, current data and trends, and feasible completion dates. Build your aims keeping in mind questions like how will your content strategy fetch profits and customers? To prioritize brand awareness or improve loyalty? Why should the clients choose your business to invest in?
Build SMART goals which are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-bound. Marketers should keep a problem-solution structure for possible challenges that the teams might face trying to achieve the set goals. Tweak your goals with effective progress tracking. Create your content with a purpose, with an eye on aims like the number of leads generated, organic traffic, social reach, rankings achieved on SERPs and impact on brand visibility.
Create your Buyer Persona
For B2B content marketing, the nucleus is to build a significant relationship with the clients that leads to lasting customers. To identify and comprehend your investors is vital in B2B marketing. Your content should resonate in the minds of your target audience for long periods. Craft your buyer persona and tailor your marketing strategy to people wanting to buy your products.
Research and jot down the data to understand the mindset of your buyers and prospects. Include buyer information like sources of information, key demographics, industry, goals, challenges, and decision-making factors. Dig deep to understand what makes your clients most happy? Why should they be engrossed in your brand? HubSpot and Streamliner provide great buyer persona tools to map your buyer motivations.
Brainstorm Valuable and Relatable Content
A content to which your audience can relate is of the essence to augment your B2B marketing strategy. Do competitive research with your teammates and brainstorm content ideas to which your audience relates. Design content which visually appeals to the investors laden with infographics, presentations, short videos containing success stories, news, trends and tips.
Imbibe your content with a “call to action” option in every content copy for converting your audience into a customer. Incorporate guest blogs in the strategy format to highlight the company’s position among the search engines. Send newsletters regularly to newly signed clients to build trust via e-mails. Re-target clients who did not complete a purchase with a simple reminder email or special offers.
Best Means of B2B Content Marketing
It is essential to determine the kind of content your audience prefers to reach your clients in every possible way. Build room in your B2B strategy to experiment with different types of content. Most popular types of B2B content formats include:
- Blogs: Blog posts form the backbone of the majority of B2B content marketing. Marketers who prioritize blogging for their business are 13x more likely to see positive ROI. Companies putting up regular blogs on their websites, social media platforms tend to generate a higher response rate than those who publish less often.
- White Papers/E-Books: White Papers provide an in-detail explanation of cost, features and other syndication your buyers might require. 79% of B2B buyers prefer white papers as the material they were most likely to share with colleagues.
- Videos, Webinars and Podcasts: Film videos/podcasts, host webinars that are of a high enough quality to host on YouTube and use on social media for wider reach.
- Email Newsletter/Tip Sheets/Surveys: Send emails to communicate with both prospective and existing customers to keep them in the funnel. Create tip sheets and online surveys to audit your brand awareness.
- Slides and Presentations: Integrate your WordPress blogs and Websites with a gripping PowerPoint presentation which dispenses the knowledge about your products and services. Get avant-garde templates from sites like SlideModel to beautify your slide deck.
Content Distribution Channels
It is a requisite to choose the right content distribution channels to render your creative B2B marketing strategy lucrative. Meet your business marketing goals with varied distribution strategies based on content, objectives, reach, analysis and SEO. Here are some admirable ways for content distribution:
- Paid Content Distribution: It works best to attract fresh leads, host events or launch new products. Examples include Google AdWords and Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Social Media: Leverage social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram to run ads for the target audience.
- Organic Distribution – Push your contents without any payments via social media channels, Email marketing, checklists and sign-up boxes.
- SEO- SEO is crucial for every B2B marketing strategy. OFF-page and on-page SEO tactics optimise your digital presence.
Conduct a Content Audit with B2B Key Metrics
Continual measurement and analysis of your B2B marketing strategy will aid you to identify your plus points and lagging areas. 88% of pre-eminent conglomerates regularly track their content marketing progress and ROI, compared to only 56% of their less performing competitors. Process inventory of your existing content, organize it by topic, length, tone, buyer thoughts, SEO and data patterns.
Some vital B2B metrics to look out for to develop your content for marketing are: sales lead quality, conversion rates, purchase intent, subscriber growth, SEO ranking, website traffic, client renewal rates and brand lift. A thorough content audit will help you to identify the gaps in your marketing strategy to increase the funnel leads through the sales funnel.
Tools to Execute B2B Marketing Strategy
Successful B2B content marketing involves the use of best-in-class tools to document and execute your content marketing strategy. Plan and stay on top of creating new content with these easy to use tools:
- Project Management tools for B2B marketing teams: Asana, Trello, Basecamp, Monday.com
- Ad Network Tools: Google AdWords, Yahoo Search Marketing, and Microsoft AdCenter
- Buyer Personas Tools: HubSpot, Personapp, and Streamliner
- Presentation Tools: SlideModel, Visme, Prezi
- Google Keyword Tool – To identify common and favourable words searched by buyers.
- Google Search Console – Analyze activities carried on each page of your sites such as crawlers, queries and indexes.
- Google Analytics – Detailed analysis on your website visitors, their origin, and how they got there.
If it’s B2B, it doesn’t have to be boring. When it comes to an attractive and retaining niche audience, B2B content marketing has the potential to drive profitable customer action. Developing relevant, valuable and consistent content can engage with the audience on a different level. B2B marketing unlocks your access to huge social presence, likes, shares and forwards. We, humans, love visually appealing content.
It is B2B that enables us to add a call-to-action in every copy of content. Thus, there is a higher chance that your content will convert an audience into a customer. Drafting a B2B content marketing strategy might sound taxing but with the right outline you can make it in no time. Every brand should come up with their unique B2B branding strategy to streamline its products and services for other buyers. Take the time to form your personas, define your brand tone, and set up a documented B2B content strategy for success.