With more number of cyber attacks, phishing scams, security breaches, and hacking take place widely across the world. To secure the data from these kinds of illegal activities, Cybersecurity systems are activated in a more efficient way. Many numbers of the organization across the world have been looking for expert Cybersecurity professionals who work in all standard for protecting the organization from any attack or data breach. Studying the cyber security course would be a suitable option for gaining more knowledge about the techniques involved in the Cybersecurity systems.
With the growing demand for cybersecurity professionals, we could also see the number of job postings for the cybersecurity positions in many numbers of sectors. According to statistics, a number of cybersecurity jobs could reach more than 2 million in 2020. Cybersecurity professionals have been crying for the new entrants. Based on a recent report from the ESG, that mainly published the annual survey of the IT sectors showing more job options required for the skilled personnel in cybersecurity.
How To Start A Career In Your Cybersecurity?
Starting your successful career in the Cybersecurity is not a linear path as some people also enter into the security field while others into the IT role. No matter what kind of background knowledge you start, every path leads to the cybersecurity careers. Below are some of the Entry-level IT jobs suitable for a cybersecurity career
- Database administrator
- Systems administrator
- Web administrator
- Security administrator
- Network engineer
- Web developer
- Network administrator
- Computer software engineer
- IT technician
Based on a report that states there is a wide need for cybersecurity professionals, 25% of the respondents highly skilled.
Types Of Jobs In Cybersecurity:
When you choose the Cybersecurity as your profession, then you have a wide scope in the sector. Cyber threats are mainly based on technology and psychology. Normally, a wide number of jobs are available based on the field, and it is a good decision for setting your career in it. Normally, Jobs in the cybersecurity field ranges from technical research to management level. Below are some of the jobs to consider while starting a career in the cybersecurity sector.
- Penetration Tester – Penetration Tester is a unique job position suitable for the individual having a technical and business mindset. The main role of the Penetration Testers, also called the “ethical Hackers” as it involves the testing of the vulnerabilities in the network of the organization.
- Covers all possible vulnerabilities
- Specialized in specific pentesting areas
- Analytical mind
- Understands the business and operations of the organization
- Communication skills
- Creates reports on findings
- Communicates information to non-technical audiences
- Security Software Developer: Every Company has the security departments, and most of the developers work on the unique software for handling the security system. Non-security related software is written in secure coding practices. With the unique development of the security software becomes more important for increasing the security system in the company.
- Security Auditor: the Main role of the Security Auditor is to keep the record of the computer security measures and controls of the organization in a unique way.
- Creates regular reports on security measures
- Creates metrics
- Improves measures
- Knowledge of relevant data security regulations
- Security Architect: The Security Architect’s job is to work for the technical design level as it is most fundamental for the system in the organization. The main responsibility of the Security Architect is to ensure the technical specification and secure the architecture.
- Designing secure architecture
- Works with a security auditor
- Ensure smooth implementation of the system
- Data Governance Officers: In most of the industries, there would be a single data protection regulation system to comply with. GDPR has been putting the global frameworks and laws for setting the robust data protection. Many large organization have the compliance officers who mainly deals with all issues
- Meets regulatory obligations
- Data Protection Officer
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO): CISO is a strategic position in an organization that mainly works for minimizing the cyber threats with smart strategic measures. CISO is mainly enacted as the spokesperson in the organization.
- The requirement includes a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Programmer or analyst
- Experience in a security analyst, consultant, and auditor
- Advanced IT certifications and training
What Is The Experience Required?
Technically, there is no cybersecurity experience required for starting a career in this path. Most of the people enter into the cybersecurity field from other jobs having the similar skill sets like
- Information analysis
- Systems administration
Many numbers of entry-level positions are available these days. To stop Hacking into the system, most of the organization has been hiring the experts in the cybersecurity analyst, penetration testers, Account executives, and many others. Prior experience would be a massive advantage, even with the skill gap. It is also an easier option to take the internship and suitable for increasing knowledge in the field.
Types of Certifications for Cybersecurity Professionals:
Most of the organizations analyze the experience along with the certifications over the formal qualifications. The cyber security professionals are required to have the appropriate certification in the field for getting the job opportunity. Respondents also believe that professional certifications would be the best option for determining the cybersecurity skills when compared to earning the degree. One of the prestigious certifications is the International Information Systems Security Certifications Consortium (ISC2) and Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). It is one of the unique Certification mainly covers all areas in the Cybersecurity. Foundational certifications are required for having more knowledge in the field.
- CompTIA Security+: The Certification is an entry-level exam for preparing the career based on information security
- Certified Secure Computer User (CSCU): Basic Certification course for building more knowledge and becoming the security-aware
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM): The CISM is ideal for the IT professionals
- Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES): ECES certification offers the basics to apply the encryption
When you have experience in working in the cybersecurity in the field, then you could easily progress the career with advanced certifications that includes
- International Information Systems Security Certifications Consortium (ISC2)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)