Oneplus X is one of the best and premium looking smartphone of the year. It comes with an affordable price range and powerful specification. If you are looking for specifications, Oneplus X is powered by 2.3 GHz Quad core snapdragon 801 processor with 3 GB ram and a 16 GB built-in storage, an option of 128 GB expandable memory card is also available. Also, the smartphone sports a 5-inch 1080p Full HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Other features of the Oneplus X include 13 megapixels rear and 8-megapixel front facing camera, 2,525 mAh non-removable battery and it’s a 4G enabled dual sim smartphone which runs on Android Lollipop 5.1.1, with OxygenOS.
Also read: – Mi4 vs OnePlus X: Which one to buy
Now if you own Oneplus X and looking for root your device then you have to unlock your bootloader first. This is the step by step process of how to unlock the bootloader of Oneplus X. After unlocking your bootloader, you can root your phone, flash a custom recovery, install custom kernel and custom ROMs and many more things. If you don’t want to unlock your bootloader and still wants to root your phone check how to root your phone without unlocking your bootloader.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It may or may not erase all your personal data including data of internal storage so we advise you to first take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus X:-
1) Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent accidental shutdown in-between the process.
2) Now enable ‘USB debugging ‘and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Install the ADB and fastboot driver by Xda member @Snoop05 (This will also install your device driver) on your PC and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
4) After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named adb in your installation directory. Enter into the folder and you find four files including adb and fastboot.exe.
5) Now press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’.
6) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode by pressing a combination of ‘Power + Volume Up’.
7) Now you are in Fastboot mode to check enter ‘fastboot devices’ in command prompt. You now see some numbers in command window screen means your device is properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
8) This step will Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus X, type ‘fastboot OEM unlock’ phone will start unlocking, wait for few seconds before the process completes.
9) To check if your device is successfully unlocked, type ‘fastboot OEM device-info’ in the command prompt you see ‘Device Unlocked’ bit set to ‘True’.
So this is the complete guide of How to Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus X, now proceed to How to Root Oneplus X and install Custom recovery. If you have any question comment below.