Android 6.0 Marshmallow update is rolling out for last year’s Samsung Galaxy On5. Recently Samsung Galaxy On7 getting the latest version and now Marshmallow update for Galaxy On5 Starts Rolling out. The update is an Official Marshmallow which rolls out in phase wise manner. Latest Marshmallow Firmware for Galaxy On5 is available for download with that you can Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow Manually. Samsung Galaxy On5 Marshmallow update is currently rolling out only in India (SM-G550FY). The update is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) and many users already getting Android 6.0 marshmallow update for Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY. You can wait for the OTA updates or you can Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow manually with below method.
The new Marshmallow update packed with features like Now on Tap, Doze Mode, New App Permissions and more. The OTA file we provide you is the Official Galaxy On5 Marshmallow Firmware for Indian SM-G550FY. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Galaxy On5 available via OTA (over-the-air) and it is about 1.12GB in size. Check below steps to Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow Manually.
Firmware Information –
- MODEL: SM-G550FY
- Android version: 6.0.1
- REGION: INS
- VERSION: G600FXXU1APF8
- PDA: G550FYXXU1BPF9
- CSC: G550FYODD1BPFA
- CHANGELIST: 8483894
- BUILD DATE: 22.06.2016
- Android security patch level: 01.07.2016
- Your device must be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY (India) only don’t try it on any other model.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data but it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Marshmallow firmware for Galaxy On5 –
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers.
- Download Samsung Galaxy On5 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware File
How to Update Samsung Galaxy On5 to Marshmallow Manually –
1) First, enable USB debugging from setting.
2) Download official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Galaxy On5 from above and Unzip it.
3) Download the latest version of Odin from above and unzip the zip file.
4) Run the Odin_v3.10.7.exe file on your PC.
5) Now Boot your Galaxy On5 into Download Mode by press and hold ‘Power + Home + Vol Down‘ buttons.
6) Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
7) If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
7) Now locate and add the firmware ‘.tar‘ file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
8) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“. (make sure Re-partition is NOT ticked)
9) Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen.
Download Marshmallow update for Galaxy On5 and share it with your friends. Let us know if you have any questions by comment below.