OxygenOS 2.2.2 for OnePlus X starts rolling out, includes a variety of bug fixes and improvements. It is almost four months since its last update OxygenOs 2.2.1. Now after a long wait OnePlus release the new update OxygenOS 2.2.2 for OnePlus X which comes with many fixes and July Security Patch. The update is an Incremental update which rolls out in phase wise manner. The update is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) and many users already getting Oxygen OS 2.2.2 for OnePlus X. You can wait for the OTA updates, or you can Update Oneplus X to OxygenOS 2.2.2 manually with below method.
Sadly the new version still based on Android Lollipop 5.1.1 while other OnPlus devices received the Marshmallow. It definitely makes users unhappy. The new OxygenOS 2.2.2 update for OnePlus X includes upgraded camera and Swiftkey, add face unlock security feature and many fixes. We provide you the OxygenOS 2.2.2 ROM which you can flash on your device. If you want to update your OnePlus X to the latest version then Download OxygenOS 2.2.2 for OnePlus X from below. Check below what’s new in OxygenOS 2.2.2
Changelogs and Features of OxygenOS 2.2.2 –
- Upgraded camera to version 1.4 UI
- Improved camera frame rate performance
- Added trusted face unlock security option
- Updated Swiftkey to version 6.3.3
- Updated carrier name mapping
- Added June security patches
- Fixed default SIM card selection issue
- Fixed network operator selection issue
- Fixed screen rotation issue
- General improvements and bug fixes
- This method is only for the OnePlus X.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download OxygenOS 2.2.2 for OnePlus X
- OxygenOS 2.2.1 to OxygenOS 2.2.2 – Download
- OxygenOS 2.2.1-x to OxygenOS 2.2.2 – Download
- OxygenOS 2.2.2 Full ROM for OnePlus X –Download
Steps to Install OxygenOS 2.2.2 on OnePlus X –
1) Download the OxygenOS 2.2.2 Zip file from above and save it in your Internal Storage.
2) Turn off your device and Boot into the Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
3) Now Wipe data and cache if you want a clean installation otherwise skip this step.
4) Now in Recovery select Install.
5) Now select the Zip and Click on Install to start the process.
6) Now wait until the installation complete.
7) Wipe cache and Reboot your device.
So this is the complete guide to Download and Install OxygenOS 2.2.2 for OnePlus X manually. If you have any doubts comment below.
Source – OnePlus