If you are here regarding the scrap catalytic converters then you will be aware that the catalytic converter in the scrap industry has become a hot commodity. Now you might be wondering what the reason behind the increase in demand for this commodity. So let me tell you that there are three metals that are found inside the catalytic converters they are Platinum, rhodium and palladium. And no one can deny the fact that the cost of this metal remains an all-time high. Nowadays, it has been noticed that catalytic converter recycling has become one of the huge parts of the scrap metal industry.
The best place where you can sell your catalytic converters is none other than the scrap yard. But the question that arises here is how you are going to understand that they are quoting you the correct price. The best way by which you can understand this is the moment when the scrap yard asks for the serial number of the scrap catalytic converters. So let me tell you that with the help of the serial number, you cannot only know the make and model of the vehicle, but you can also understand the year when it was prepared. There might be certain cases where you will not have the serial number with you; there are certain things which you can do:
- Grab Steel Wool – There are higher chances that most of the scrap catalytic converters have some corrosion on them. In that scenario, you will have to scrub some of the rust that exists on it, and this will help you to find the serial number of the catalytic converters.
- No Serial Number – It may also be possible that the catalytic converters do not have a serial number on it and that is fine. If you have walk down to the reputable buyer, then they can understand just by seeing it.
Things you need to consider at the time of selling catalytic converters
There are certain things which you will have to ponder upon at the time of selling scrap catalytic converters. Some of the points are highlighted below:
- Lack of knowledge – It has been observed that there are lots of scrap yards that buy catalytic converters. But you will be shocked to know that most of them don’t really know about how to grade them properly. The reason behind it is that the scrap yards don’t have enough resources with them. You can say that this is due to the high cost of skilled labor.
- Inexperience – Everyone knows that the catalytic converters recycling is the new sector for the majority of the scrap yards. Thus you can say that they are not completely aware of how to purchase them properly. Only for this, there are high chances that you will not get the actual price of the catalytic converters.
- Lack of resources – The scrap yards that are available and are planning to enhance the selling of the catalytic converters are finding it difficult to get the correct information for purchasing it.
By now you must have been clear that there are many problems involved in selling the scrap catalytic converters. But still, you can find lots of independent buyers like the garages, auto shops that buy the catalytic in their own region. Selling them your scrap catalytic converters may seem an easy option for you, but you need to beware. The purpose behind it is that as they operate a small scale business so there are chances that they will not provide your right price for the catalytic converters. There might be a question in your mind that why it is not advisable to purchase from the local auto shops. The answer to this is that you cannot sell your scrap catalytic converters to the local shop until or unless they are buying it on a regular basis. The reason for this is that they might be able to pay the top prices for your catalytic converters. In addition to it, the local auto shops also try to cut corners on the profits so that they can easily sell it to the bigger buyer and make some extra buck.
If you find trouble in selling your scrap catalytic converter, then the best thing which you can do is to sell with Ecotrade. You will be amazed to know that Ecotrade Company is one of the largest purchasers for the catalytic converters. Thus, you can sell your scrap catalytic converters whenever it’s needed. The main benefit that you are going to avail after selling them is that you will get the correct price for your scrap catalytic converters. In order words, you can say that the company has a highly knowledgeable and experienced staff that is going to pay you the exact price for your scrap catalytic converters.