How to Root Redmi Note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery (Snapdragon 650)
This guide helps you to Root Redmi Note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon 650 Variant. If you want to root Redmi Note 3 or want to try some custom ROMs, then you need to install custom recovery on Redmi Note 3 first. Root and TWRP Recovery already available for Redmi Note 3 Mediatek variant but today we share Root Redmi Note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon variant. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Redmi Note 3. Thanks to the Developer feds64 for providing TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery for Root Redmi Note 3 and Magdag for providing a simple toolkit. Follow this guide to Root and install custom recovery on Redmi Note 3.
If you are a Redmi Note 3 user, then you can Root Redmi Note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 3. So here is the step by step guide of how to Root Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 3. Today we share two methods to Root and install TWRP on Redmi Note 3. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Redmi Note 3.
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- This method is only for Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon variant only don’t try it on any other model.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Redmi Note 3 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
- You need to Unlock your Phone’s Bootloader. Check out How to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi devices.
- Download TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery for Redmi Note 3.
- Download Redmi Note 3 ToolKit.
- Download SuperSU to root Redmi Note 3 and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root Redmi Note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now connect your device to PC via USB cable.
3) Download the TWRP zip file from above and extract it.
4) Now run the Boot.bat file and follow on screen instruction. It will flash cracked boot_1.img on your device.
5) After that, run the Twrp3.bat to install TWRP 3.0.0 on Redmi Note 3.
6) Now your phone will reboot and enter into the TWRP Recovery.
When you ticked, Mount system partition read-only, you will get OTA updates for the Official ROM and not otherwise
7) Now download SuperSu from above and transfer into your phone’s internal storage.
8) Adjust the Settings of TWRP according to your time zone and preferred language.
9) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Redmi Note 3.
10) Swipe to install SuperSu and then reboot your device. That’s it.
Now you Root Redmi Note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery on it successfully.
Source: – MIUI
Method 2 –
Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon) with Redmi Note 3 Toolkit –
Features of Redmi Note 3 Toolkit –
- Install ADB Drivers
- Root via ADB Sideload
- EFS Tool for One Click Backup /Restore EFS
- Cracked / Modified Boot.img to save from Bootloop
- Custom (Twrp 3.0) / Stock Recovery via Both ADB and Fastboot
- Bootloader – Status, Unlocking via Mi Flash Unlock Tool , Re-lock
- Added Check conditions on locked Bootloader device trying to Flash Twrp.
- Couple of things like Reboot to Fastboot, Recovery, system via ADB and Fastboot
- Automatic Update, which checks for new update and Download it when New Update is available.
How to Use Redmi Note 3 Toolkit –
1) First, you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
2) Download Redmi Note 3 toolkit from above and install it.
3) Select Custom/Stock Recovery from the main menu.
4) Now install ADB and Fastboot drivers and boot your device into fastboot mode and select fastboot option in the toolkit.
5) Now Flash the TWRP Recovery, Phone Remains in fastboot mode to flash Crack Boot.img
6) Now After flashing TWRP Recovery, select and Flash Cracked Boot.img (Important), else you stuck on bootloop.
7) Now go to the main menu and select Root. Click on Reboot to Recovery to enter into recovery mode.
8) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Redmi Note 3.
9) Now flash the SuperSu file and Reboot your device.
Source: – MIUI
That’s all, this is the complete guide of how to Root Redmi Note 3 and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon 650 variant with both methods