Today we discuss how to Change DPI of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Without Root. As we know Samsung recently launched two flagship devices Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge with latest Android Marshmallow and beautiful 2K display. The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge comes with a screen density of 640 DPI. Many users like the default DPI setting on the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge but there are many others who are looking to change the DPI of the device. If you want to Change DPI of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Without Rooting their phone, you can use the display scaling feature to change it to Condensed mode or if you want to set a particular value then follow the below steps.
With most recent software update Display scaling is now an official Samsung Galaxy S7 feature. It adds a new “condensed” option in the display settings menu, which change the DPI to 540 and makes everything on the screen slightly smaller. The Display scaling feature was already available before for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge but the only way to access it was to install the Nova Launcher and add a quick-action ‘DisplayScalingActivity’ widget on the screen.To Access Display Scaling feature go to Settings->Display and switch between ‘Standard’ and ‘Condensed’ mode. Check below steps if you want to Change DPI of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to a desired value.
You can use display scaling feature to change the DPI to preset condensed mode. If you want to change the screen density to any other value, you can follow the below tutorial. Read below note carefully before you Change DPI of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
- Make sure you have ADB and Fastboot driver installed. (Check out How to Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows or Setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac)
- Install Samsung Galaxy S7 USB driver.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- If you have ‘My Knox’ installed, you need to uninstall ‘My Knox’ First otherwise USB debugging will be grayed out.
How to Change DPI of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Without Root –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your device to the PC and check if it is detected properly by using the below command
4) Now type the below command to set your desired screen DPI.adb shell
adb shell wm density DPI_Value && adb reboot
5) Replace the DPI_Value with your desired DPI value.
6) Once the process is complete, your device will reboot.
7) The above step will Change DPI of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Without Root.
8) To confirm, install the DPI Checker from the Play store. The build.prop file will still show the default DPI of 640 so ignore this.
9) If you want to revert back to the original DPI, use the below command.
adb shell wm density 640 && adb reboot
10) Once the process is complete, your device will reboot and the DPI will be reset to original 640.
Via – XDA