Today we share How to Downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. Recently Nougat 7.0 update for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge was rolled out, and the update is quite stable, but If you update your phone but don’t like the update for any reason, then you can easily revert to a lower version (Android Marshmallow). You need to download Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Marshmallow firmware to downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to Marshmallow from Android Nougat and process is very simple. Check below guide to Downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge from Android Nougat to Marshmallow 6.0.
Stable Nougat version of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge is available for download and many users already updated their phone to nougat. But many device owners are still not happy with the Android 7.0 Nougat update for various reasons. If you are one of the users and would like to revert Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to the Marshmallow version, then you are in the right place here we share the method to Downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to Marshmallow from Nougat.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- The following process is not tested by me but reported by many users that it works well
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the unexpected shutdown in-between the process.
Requirement to downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to Marshmallow
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Download Galaxy S7 Stock Marshmallow Firmware. (Search your country and download 6.0.1 firmware)
- Download Galaxy S7 Edge Stock Marshmallow Firmware. (Search your country and download 6.0.1 firmware)
How to Downgrade Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now download the Stock Firmware from above.
3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the Odin_v3.10.7.exe file on your PC.
5) Connect your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.