Xiaomi starts rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 7 Global Beta Rom for Mi4, Mi3, and Mi Note. The Marshmallow ROM based on MIUI version 6.3.17. If you are Xiaomi Mi4, Mi3 or Mi Note user and want to try Android Marshmallow on your device, then you can Download Marshmallow based MIUI 7 Global Beta ROM and update it via Updater app. Xiaomi MI3/4 and Mi Note users get the official OTA update but if you want an early access of the Marshmallow then Download Marshmallow based MIUI 7 Global Beta ROM for Mi 3/4 and Mi Note from below.
Xiaomi already launched the MIUI 7 Global Beta ROM based on Marshmallow for Redmi Note Prime, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3G and Redmi 2. This time they release Marshmallow based MIUI 7 Global Beta ROM for Mi 3, Mi4 and Mi Note. So Download Marshmallow based MIUI 7 Global Beta ROM for Mi 3/4 and Mi Note from below but read the below note carefully before you update Mi3, Mi4 or Mi Note to MIUI 7 based on Marshmallow manually.
- Follow the steps correctly, We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It may erase all your personal data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- Enable USB Debugging from settings.
MIUI Global Beta ROM 6.3.17 Based on Android Marshmallow Update Highlights –
- New – Added account lock after flashing phone in Mi Cloud – Find device. Avoid risks of lost phone being used by others (12-22)
- New – Permission Manager supports managing permission to create home screen shortcut, and restricting all apps’ access to a specific permission in one press (01-20)
- New – Shortcuts to downloads and hidden folders in Explorers (02-16)
- New – Device-to-device wireless transfers in Explorer (02-16)
- New – Introducing card design for Explorer (02-16)
Files Required to Download Marshmallow based MIUI 7 Global Beta ROM for Mi 3/4 and Mi Note –
How to update Mi3, Mi4 or Mi Note to MIUI 7 based on Marshmallow via Fastboot-
1) If you are currently using MIUI 5.12.17 global beta ROM, then go to ‘Updater‘ app on your phone and check for updates and reboot, you will upgrade to MIUI 6.3.17.
2) If you are on MIUI Stable version then follow the below steps to flash it via fastboot.
3) Download the Fastboot ROM and Mi Flashing tool from above and extract the files.
4) Now connect your device to PC and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing “Volume Down + Power Button“.
5) Now fully extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path on the computer.
6) Now run the Mi Flash tool and complete the process. Open MiFlash.exe After installation and paste the address Fastboot ROM.
7) Now click on ‘Refresh‘ button, it will recognize your device.
8) Now tap on ‘Flash‘ button to start the flashing process.
9) Now wait for some time to complete the process. It will automatically boot to the newer version.
So this is the complete guide to Download Marshmallow based MIUI 7 Global Beta ROM for Mi 3/4 and Mi Note and update Mi3, Mi4 or Mi Note to MIUI 7 based on Marshmallow via Fastboot. Comment below if you have any doubts.
Via – MIUI