The first significant update for Pokemon Go has left many users disappointed. The latest update has deleted or reset the entire Pokemon GO account and forcing users to start over from scratch. Fans are outraged as they spent too much time to catch the Pokemon and reached high level. But don’t worry your progress didn’t delete “your gameplay progress has NOT been lost. It remains safe and intact.” said Game developers Niantic. If you’re also facing account, reset bug then check below steps for How to fix Pokemon Go Account Reset Bug and get your Progress back.
Developers already cleared that the game progress didn’t delete, that happens because update the Google Account login. And when users upgraded to the new version, they saw an updated Google account login and accidentally created a new Google account. So make sure you sign in with your old account but if already sign in with a different account and lost your data, then check below steps to fix Pokemon Go Account Reset Bug and get your Progress back.
“In the Pokémon, Go update version 1.1.0 (build 31.0), we updated our Google Account login system and as a result, you may have inadvertently created another Pokemon GO account by logging in with a different Google email address than the one originally used for the game,” posted on Niantic’s website. “To resolve this issue, please sign in with the email address originally used to create your Pokémon GO account,”
Note – This fix is for the iOS users, but some Android users also reported that it worked for them.
How to fix Pokemon Go Account Reset Bug and get your Progress back
1) First, Sign out from Pokémon GO app and then uninstall the game.
2) To sign out head over to Pokémon GO->Main Menu->Settings->Sign Out. (sign out twice to ensure proper log out)
3) Now open Safari browser and remove Google login from your browser.
4) For that open Settings -> Safari -> General -> Password. In the password browse google.com and select “accounts.google.com”.
5) Now click on edit button in the top right corner and click on red button to delete /forget Google Account from Safari.
6) Download the Pokemon Go App again and install it.
7) Open the App it’ll ask you to enter your birthday, make sure you enter the same birthday you entered before.
8) Now Login to Google Account and will redirect you to the Safari web browser to complete the login process.
9) Now login with the same email address which you used to create your Pokémon GO account.
10) Now touch the “Allow” button and you will be redirected back to the Pokémon GO app.
11) Done! You will get your Progress back.
This is the easiest way to fix Pokemon Go Account Reset Bug and get your Progress back. Comment below If anyone tries this on Android and get their accounts back.