Today we discuss how to install Xposed framework on Android marshmallow 6.0.1/cm13. Xposed framework is already available for Android KitKat and Lollipop, and now you can use the Xposed framework on Android 6.0 marshmallow/cm13 too, thanks to its developer @rovo89. Like the lollipop, direct installation is also not possible in marshmallow ROMs, and you have to flash Xposed framework via custom recovery. Samsung Users plz follow – How to install Xposed on Samsung Devices.
What is Xposed: – Xposed is an app for root users that allows you to install different modules to customize your phone. The primary motive of the Xposed framework is to get all customization and features you found on a custom ROM to your Stock ROM. You can also use Xposed with custom ROMs, and not every ROM has all features, and everyone has different views on customization so you can choose the modules you love and get your own personal customization. Xposed is for those people who wants to stay with stock ROM but want some system level changes in their phones. Check How To Install Xposed Framework On Android 6.0 and 6.0.1 Marshmallow from below.
With Xposed modules you can add custom tiles to power menu, notification drawer, add status bar customization, add an on-screen navigation bar, you can also use the multi window to use two apps on one screen. Also, you can use all in one tweaking module like Gravity box or Xblast tool. These are some information about Xposed now we discuss how to install Xposed framework on Android marshmallow/cm13 but before proceed you have to download some files first.
Files required to install Xposed on Android 6.0 Marshmallow –
- Download Xposed Installer app for all Marshmallow devices
- Download Xposed Framework for ARM Marshmallow devices
- Download Xposed Framework for ARM64 Marshmallow devices
- Download Xposed Framework for x86 Marshmallow devices
- This app needs a rooted device. You can check how to root an android phone.
- You must have a custom recovery installed.
- For safer side take a complete backup from TWRP recovery.
- The user with Samsung stock ROMs may face bootloop issue.
- Many popular Xposed modules still not working for now as Xposed for marshmallow/cm13 ROMs is still in its early stage.
How to install Xposed framework on Android marshmallow 6.0.1 : –
2) There are three different versions of Xposed framework available for different types of CPU’s. To check your CPU architecture install the app called ‘Hardware Info‘ from play store, open it and click on the processor. It will show you which type of processor your device have.
3) Download the suitable framework zip and Xposed installer for your device and move it to your sd card.
4) Reboot your phone into Recovery mode. For most of the phones its a combination of ‘Power +Volume down’ for some devices it’s ‘Power + volume up’ and for some ‘power + home + volume down’ button.
7) Now install Xposed installer and open the app after installation. Go to the framework and you see that ‘Xposed Framework version 78 is active‘. This means you install Xposed framework on Android 6.0 marshmallow/cm13 device successfully. Now move to the download section and start browsing modules you love.
So this is the complete guide of how to install Xposed framework on Android marshmallow. Install the app and search the Module you want and enjoy tweaking your phone. If you have any doubt, ask me by commenting below.