Good news for Galaxy J7 (2017) Users, Latest Android 8.1 Oreo update for Galaxy J7 (2017) is now available for download. The Samsung Galaxy J7 Oreo Update rolling out in Europe and Russia for SM-J730F/SM-J730FM models and already available for many users. The update is a stable Oreo build which comes with latest Security Patch. If you want to Install Oreo 8.1 on Galaxy J7 (2017) or want to Update Galaxy J7 to Android 8.1 Oreo Manually then you are in right place. Here we share a guide to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Galaxy J7 (2017).
Galaxy J7 (2017) Oreo build brings all Android Oreo Features along with floating Navigation dock, home screen shortcuts, PIP mode, and lots of new features and settings. Other than that Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware update comes with Samsung’s latest Experience UI and August 2018 security patch. Follow below guide to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo On Galaxy J7 (2017).
To install Android 8.1 Oreo update on Galaxy J7 2017 all you need is the Oreo Firmware file for Galaxy J7 (2017) and latest ODIN Tool. You can Download Galaxy J7 Android Oreo Firmware Update from below.
- The firmware is currently available only for Galaxy J7 (2017) SM-J730F/SM-J730FM.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Galaxy J7 2017 Android 8.1 Oreo Firmware
- Download Samsung Galaxy J7 Oreo firmware SM-J730F – Download
- Download Galaxy J7 Android 8.1 Oreo firmware for SM-J730FM – Download
- Download Latest ODIN Tool – Download
How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Galaxy J7 2017
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now download the Stock Oreo Firmware from above.
3) Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
4) Run the Odin.exe file on your PC.
5) Connect your Galaxy J7 to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
6) To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.
9) Now locate and add the stock firmware file .tar or .md5 file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
10) Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
11) Now click the ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will Install Oreo on Galaxy J7.