As we know, Xiaomi released the MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM for Mi 2, Mi 2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi Note, Mi 5, and Mi Max. We already provide the download links for all devices, but many users don’t know how to flash MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM on their device and looking for a flashing guide. That’s why we provide you the step by step guide to Install MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM on Xiaomi Devices. Many devices like Redmi Series and Mi Note series are not getting MIUI 8 update, but they will probably get the MIUI 8 China Developer ROM on June 17th. But who already Download MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM and looking for flashing procedure will follow below guide. There is two way to Install MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM on Xiaomi Devices, one is Recovery mode, and other is fastboot mode method, here we discuss both. So check below How to Install MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM on Xiaomi Devices.
- It may erase your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- MIUI 8 China Alpha Team members will get the normal OTA updates if you have MIUI 8 installed.
- Normal users will not receive the normal OTA updates after flashing the MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM.
- The bootloader of Mi 5/ Mi Max / Mi Note users should be unlocked. (Check How to Unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Devices).
- USB Debugging should be enabled.
Also Check –
- Complete MIUI 8 Features
- How to get MIUI 8 Touch Assistant on any Any Phone
- MIUI 7.2 Global Stable ROM
- How to Install Google Play Store on MIUI 7
Download MIUI 8 ROM for Xiaomi Devices –
How to Install MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM on Xiaomi Devices –
How to Install MIUI 8 China Alpha Recovery ROM
MIUI 8 Recovery ROM is available only for Mi Max and all other devices get Fastboot ROM. So follow the below steps to Flash MIUI 8 China ROM on Mi Max.
1) First, make sure your device running MIUI 7 Stable Version V184.108.40.206.MBCCNDC.
2) Download MIUI 8 ROM for Mi Max from above and save it on your device.
3) Now launch ‘Updater‘ app on your device.
4) Now click on the three-dot menu (‘…’ icon) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
5) Done. Your device will reboot on the latest version.
How to Install MIUI 8 China Alpha Fastboot ROM
1) First, Download Mi Flash Tool, extract it and install it on your PC.
2) Now download MIUI 8 Fastboot ROM for your device from above.
3) Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
4) Connect your device to PC via micro USB cable.
5) Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path on the PC.
6) Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path copied from above.
7) First, click on the ‘Refresh‘ button (It will automatically recognize your device) and then click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM on Xiaomi Devices.
8) Wait for some time to complete the process.
9) Done. Your device will boot on the latest version.
So this is the complete guide to Install MIUI 8 China Alpha ROM on Xiaomi Devices. If you have any doubts comment below.