As promised Google released the new update for Chromebook, which comes with the Google Play Store app. The update currently available only for Asus Chromebook Flip and soon will be available for other Chromebooks also. To Install Play Store on Chromebook, you have to switch it to Developer channel. Once you switch your Asus Chromebook Flip into the Developer channel and update it, you will get a Google Play Store icon in your app drawer. With this update, you will be able to access millions of apps and games directly via Play store. You don’t need to install other apps the same apps that run on phones and tablets can now run on Chromebooks without compromising their speed, simplicity or security. Check How to Install Play Store on Chromebook via Developer Channel from below.
To access Play Store on Chromebook, you have to update your Chromebook to Chrome OS M53. The Chrome OS 53 version is a developer only update, so you will have to switch your Chromebook from Stable to Developer channel in order to get Play Store on Chromebook. The developer channel isn’t meant for everyday use by regular users, install only if you want the latest Chrome OS alpha and want to install Play Store on Chromebook. Check below how to Switch to the Developer Channel to get Play Store.
Official Chrome Blog posted that –
we’re bringing Google Play (the most popular app store in the world) to Chromebooks. This means you’ll be able to download and use Android apps, so you can make a Skype call, work with Office files and be productive offline — or take a break with games like Minecraft, Hearthstone or Clash of Clans.
How to Install Play Store on Chromebook via Developer Channel
1) First, Sign-in on your Chromebook, If you already Sign-in skip this step.
2) Click on your profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen and select Settings from there.
3) At the top of the window, click on About Chrome OS, then select More info.
4) Now click on ‘Change channel…’ button.
5) Select ‘Developer – unstable’ channel, and click on the Change channel button.
6) Once you enabled Developer channel, Reboot your Chromebook.
7) When the computer restarts, log in and the Google Play Store will pop up, click the Get started button accept the user agreement. you’ll have the Play Store running on your Chromebook.
8) Done! now you’ll be able to access Play Store on Chromebook.
This is the complete guide to Install Play Store on Chromebook via Developer Channel. If you have any doubts comment below. Also, Check Timeline and which Chromebooks support Google Play Store.
Chromebooks that will work with Android apps in June/July 2016
- Acer Chromebook R11 / C738T
- Google Chromebook Pixel (2015)
Chromebooks that will work with Android apps later in 2016/2017
- Acer – Chromebook 11 C740, Chromebook 11 CB3-111 / C730 / CB3-131, Chromebook 14 CB3-431, Chromebook 14 for Work, Chromebook 15 CB5-571 / C910, Chromebook 15 CB3-531, Chromebox CXI2, Chromebase 24
- Asus – Chromebook C200, Chromebook C201, Chromebook C202SA, Chromebook C300SA, Chromebook C300, Chromebox CN62, Chromebit CS10
- AOpen – Chromebox Commercial, Chromebase Commercial 22″
- Bobicus – Chromebook 11
- CDI – eduGear Chromebook K Series, eduGear Chromebook M Series, eduGear Chromebook R Series
- CTL – Chromebook J2 / J4, N6 Education Chromebook, J5 Convertible Chromebook
- Dell – Chromebook 11 3120, Chromebook 13 7310
- Edxis – Chromebook, Education Chromebook
- Google – Chromebook Pixel (2015)
- Haier – Chromebook 11, Chromebook 11e, Chromebook 11 G2
- Hexa – Chromebook Pi
- HiSense – Chromebook 11
- Lava – Xolo Chromebook
- HP – Chromebook 11 G3 / G4 / G4 EE, Chromebook 14 G4, Chromebook 13
- Lenovo – 100S Chromebook, N20 / N20P Chromebook, N21 Chromebook, ThinkCentre Chromebox, ThinkPad 11e Chromebook, N22 Chromebook, Thinkpad 13 Chromebook, Thinkpad 11e Chromebook Gen 3
- Medion – Akoya S2013, Chromebook S2015
- M&A – Chromebook
- NComputing – Chromebook CX100
- Nexian – Chromebook 11.6″
- PCMerge – Chromebook PCM-116E
- Poin2 – Chromebook 11
- Samsung – Chromebook 2 11″ – XE500C12, Chromebook 3
- Sector 5 – E1 Rugged Chromebook
- Senkatel – C1101 Chromebook
- Toshiba – Chromebook 2, Chromebook 2(2015)
- True IDC – Chromebook 11
- Viglen – Chromebook 11