Today we discuss how to Root and install TWRP recovery on LG Watch Urbane. Smartwatches with Google operating system is quite popular these days. LG Watch Urbane is beautiful round shaped smartwatch with 1.3-inch OLED display. This watch is running on LG wearable platform and powered by 1.2 GHz quad core snapdragon 410 processor with 1GB of RAM and 4GB internal memory. Also, the watch is IP67 certified and come with 700 mAh battery.
Many people’s root their devices, Install custom kernel and Custom ROM on it but why anyone have to root their smartwatch? Yes many people confused why should they root and install twrp recovery on LG Watch Urbane. We list some benefits of rooting a smartwatch –
Some benefits of Rooting a Smartwatch –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your wearable for faster and better performance.
- You can increase the vibration intensity and vibration duration.
- Improve the battery life by tweaking the kernel.
- Improve its touch response.
- You can remove Pre-installed Apps.
- Rooting may void your watch warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- All your wearable data will wipe.
- Ensure that your smartwatch has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install TWRP recovery on LG Watch Urbane –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP Recovery for LG Watch Urbane and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
- Download SuperSu to root LG Watch Urbane and copy it to your PC in adb folder.
How to unlock bootloader of LG Watch Urbane –
1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection enter “fastboot devices“ in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
How to Root and Install Custom Recovery on LG Watch Urbane –
1) To install TWRP recovery on LG Watch Urbane repeat steps 1-4 from above and move to next step.
2) Type this command correctly in command prompt without quotes “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your watch.
3) Now type “fastboot boot recovery.img“ in command prompt it will reboot your watch into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed twrp recovery on LG Watch Urbane.
4) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
5) Now type “adb push Wear-SuperSU-v2.40.zip /sdcard/” command to install SuperSu.
That’s it, you root and install TWRP recovery on LG Watch Urbane successfully.
So this is the complete guide of how to Unlock Bootloader, root and install TWRP recovery on LG Watch Urbane wearable with easy steps. If you have any questions, then comment below.
Source – XDA