Now you can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 4. MIUI 8 global stable ROM for Redmi Note 4 is already available and if you are looking for a way root Redmi Note 4 then you are in right place. Here we share how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4. First you need to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4 and then flash SuperSu to Root Redmi Note 4. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Redmi Note 4. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 4.
If you are a Redmi Note 4 user, then you can Root Redmi Note 4 and Install TWRP Recovery On it. Thanks to developer Cofface and suhas.holla for providing the unofficial version of TWRP for Redmi Note 4. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4. Read the below note carefully before you Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- You need to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 4 before proceeding.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Redmi Note 4 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- You need to Unlock your Phone’s Bootloader. Check out How to unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 4.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 4 (Nikel).
- TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 4 SD Mido – Download
- LazyFlasher for Redmi Note 4 – Download
- Download Phh’s SuperSu to root Redmi Note 4 and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4 –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘USB Unlocking’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.1.0 for Redmi Note 4 from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below command or pressing “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now boot your phone into recovery by Hold Power+Vol up.
7) Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
8) Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select ‘LazyFlasher.zip’. (If internal memory does not show up then Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”)
9) Swipe to flash Lazyflasher and after that flash SuperSu. That’s it, you root Redmi Note 4 and install
10) Now reboot your device and install phh supersu from playstore after device starts. That’s it, you root Redmi Note 4 and install custom recovery on Redmi Note 4 successfully. The first reboot takes some time to start the system.
That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 4. If you have any questions, then comment below.