Lenovo recently starts rolling out the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the A7000 in India. Either you can get the update officially via OTA, or you can manually update your A7000 to Marshmallow. The new Marshmallow update packed with features like Now on Tap, Doze Mode, App Permissions and more. If you already update your Lenovo A7000 to marshmallow and looking for working root method, then you are in right place today we guide how to Root Lenovo A7000 on Marshmallow 6.0 and also TWRP Recovery for Lenovo A7000 for Marshmallow is now available thanks to the XDA Member PrashantRana. Follow the below steps carefully to Root Lenovo A7000 on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and install TWRP 3.0.0 recovery on Lenovo A7000.
After you Root Lenovo A7000 on Marshmallow 6.0, you can get all rooting benefits, and you can install custom ROM on your device, take Backup of your data with Titanium Backup and remove unwanted apps from your device. Lenovo users easily Root Lenovo A7000 on Marshmallow 6.0. You can easily root your device by flashing SuperSu from recovery. So before you, Root Lenovo A7000 on Marshmallow 6.0 read the below note carefully.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Take a Backup of your IMEI number before root for safer side.
- The method is only for Lenovo A7000 running on Marshmallow so don’t try it on any other device or version.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It may or may not erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A7000 –
- Download SP Flash Tool
- Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Lenovo A7000
- Download SuperSu to Root Lenovo A7000 on Marshmallow
Steps to Root Lenovo A7000 on Marshmallow 6.0 –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download SP Flash Tool and TWRP Recovery from above and unzip the file.
3) Download SuperSu from above and save it on your phone.
4) Now Run the SP Flash tool and Go to Option-> Download -> General Setting and check “da dl all with Checksums“.
5) Now click on Scatter-Loading and select ‘MT6752_Android_scatter.txt‘ file from TWRP folder.
6) Now select ‘Download Only‘ and click on Download.
7) Now turn off the phone and connect it via USB cable.
8) Now the process will start, wait until the installation complete.
9) The above step will install TWRP on Lenovo A7000 now boot your phone into Recovery mode by press and hold ‘Power + Vol UP + Vol Down‘.
10) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Lenovo A7000.
11) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Lenovo A7000 and install custom recovery on Lenovo A7000 successfully.
This is the complete guide to Root Lenovo A7000 on Marshmallow 6.0 and Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo A7000 Marshmallow. If you have any doubts comment below.
Source – XDA