OnePlus 3 officially announced yesterday with an all new design, killer features and top-notch specifications. The OnePlus 3 is a successor of company’s most popular flagship device Oneplus one and OnePlus 2. The phone just launched and developers already Unlock Bootloader of Oneplus 3. Also TWRP and unofficial CM13 ROM available for OnePlus 3. Oneplus 3 powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with 6GB of RAM. It comes with 5.5 inches 1080p Optic AMOLED display with 401ppi pixel density. The phone has 16MP Rear and 8MP front camera with 3000 mAh battery. Also, the phone has dual sim support and comes with Fingerprint Sensor. Along with the powerful specifications you can add extras by rooting your phone but for that, you need to unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3 first.
If you buy a OnePlus 3 and planning to install a custom ROM or want to root your phone, then you have to unlock the bootloader of Oneplus 3 first. Warrant of OnePlus 3 still not void even after unlocking bootloader or rooting. Once you unlock Oneplus 3 bootloader, you can root and install a custom recovery on your phone. So here is the step by step guide with the help of that you can quickly unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3. Read the below note carefully before you unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to unlock bootloader of Oneplus 3 –
1) First enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
3) After installation of the driver, you can see a folder named ADB in your installation directory. Enter into the folder and you find four files including ADB and fastboot.exe.
adb reboot bootloader
6) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
fastboot oem unlock
9) To check if your device is successfully unlocked, type below command in the command prompt you see ‘Device Unlocked’ bit set to ‘True’.
fastboot oem device-info
This is the complete guide on how to unlock bootloader of OnePlus 3. But unlocking your bootloader alone is not enough you should install a custom recovery and root your device to get full access. If you have any doubt related to above process comment below.