Huawei Honor 4X users now update their phone to Android Marshmallow 6.0. This update is based on EMUI 4.0 and contains all Android 6.0 Marshmallow features. The update is rolling out for Europe regions (Finland, Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia). Huawei already rolling out Marshmallow beta testing program for Indian users and soon Indian or Asian users will soon receive the marshmallow update. The official Android 6.0 for Huawei Honor 4X is a stable build and rolling via OTA, but you can also Update Huawei Honor 4X to Marshmallow Manually. You can wait for the OTA updates, or you can Update Huawei Honor 4X to Marshmallow manually.
The new Marshmallow update packed with features like Now on Tap, Doze Mode, App Permissions and more. Also, get some device specific changes like New EMUI 4.0. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Honor 4X available via OTA (over-the-air) and it is about 1.35GB in size. The update bumps build number to C432B506a. The update may wipe SD Card data, so it is advisable to take a backup before you Update Huawei Honor 4X to Marshmallow.
- Your device must be on stock firmware and stock recovery.
- This update is only for Honor 4X (Che2-L11, Finland, Poland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia).
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to install official Android 6.0 for Huawei Honor 4X –
- Marshmallow for Huawei Honor 4X Europe region – Download
Steps to Manually Update Huawei Honor 4X to Marshmallow –
1) First, download Android 6.0 for Huawei Honor 4X from above.
2) Now create a folder dload in the root of your internal storage or SD card and place the update.app file in that folder.
3) Now go to the phone settings–>update and press the menu button.
4) Now select choose Local update.
5) It will detect the update.app and installation process will start.
6) Wait until the installation process is complete and then reboot your device., you have latest firmware
This is the easiest way to Update Huawei Honor 4X to Marshmallow manually. If you have any questions comment below.