How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3S/Prime
The latest version of TWRP 22.214.171.124 for Redmi 3S/Prime is now available. You can download the recovery from below and flash it via fastboot. Today we explain to you how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3S/Prime. TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Redmi 3S/Prime. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a whole new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3S/Prime.
If you are an Redmi 3S/Prime user, then you can root and Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi 3S/Prime. And if you already install custom recovery on Redmi 3S/Prime then you can flash the latest Official version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3S/Prime. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Redmi 3S/Prime. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- This method is only for Redmi 3S/Prime only don’t try it on any other model.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Redmi 3s/Prime –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC.
- You need to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi 3s/Prime. Check out How to unlock bootloader of Redmi 3s/Prime.
- Download TWRP Installer for Redmi 3s/Prime
- Download SuperSU to root Redmi 3S/Prime and copy it to your phone sd card.
How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 3s/Prime
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download the TWRP Installer from above and extract it.
3) Run twrp-installer.bat as an administrator.
4) Now boot your phone into the Fastmode mode and follow the on-screen instruction.
5) Your phone will automatically boot into recovery mode after the installation complete.
6) Now your phone will reboot and enter into the TWRP Recovery.
When you ticked, Mount system partition read-only, you will get OTA updates for the Official ROM and not otherwise
7) After you swipe to allow modification, go to: Advance setting > Disable dm-verity to let your phone boot normally.
8) Now download SuperSu from above and transfer into your phone’s internal storage.
9) Adjust the Settings of TWRP according to your time zone and preferred language.
10) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Redmi 3s/Prime.
11) Swipe to install SuperSu and then reboot your device. That’s it.
Now you Root Redmi 3s/Prime and Install TWRP Recovery on it successfully.
Source: – MIUI