Download and Install Unofficial CM14 for Galaxy Express 2
Good news for Galaxy Express 2 users, Developers start working on CyanogenMod 14 for Galaxy Express 2. First working build is already available but of course, contains some bugs. Recently Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for many Nexus Devices. Unofficial CM14 is already available for Yu Yuphoria, OnePlus 3, OnePlus X and more devices. And now AOSP 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM for Galaxy Express 2 is available for download. XDA Recognized Developer kotzir posted the Unofficial CM14 for Galaxy Express 2. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Unofficial CM14 for Galaxy Express 2 from below.
The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build for Galaxy Express 2 and missing many features, but developers manage to make it usable. This build contains many bugs, but that’s improved with time. But the good news is you can experience Android Nougat on Galaxy Express 2. The CM14 Android Nougat for Galaxy Express 2 brings Nougat features to your device. Download Unofficial CM14 for Samsung Galaxy Express 2 from below.
- NFC, as usual, no source is available
- SELinux permissive
- Some settings do not apply
- Some more not discovered yet
- This ROM is work on Galaxy Express 2. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Unofficial CM14 for Galaxy Express 2
How to Install CM14 on Galaxy Express 2
1) First, download and install a custom recovery (Use only this recovery). If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the CyanogenMod 14 ROM for Galaxy Express 2 and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download CM14 for Galaxy Express 2 and Update Galaxy Express 2 to Android 7.0 Nougat. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.