Now you can update Moto G 2nd gen to Android 7.0 Nougat via CM14 ROM. First, working build is already available and contains only a few bugs. Recently Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for many Nexus Devices. Unofficial CM14 is already available for Yu Yuphoria, OnePlus 3, OnePlus X and more devices. And now AOSP 7.0 Nougat CM14 ROM for Moto G 2nd Gen is available for download. XDA Recognized Contributor LuK1337 posted the Unofficial CM14 for Moto G 2nd Gen. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Unofficial CM14 for Moto G 2nd Gen from below.
The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build for Moto G 2nd Gen and missing some features, but developers manage to make it usable. This build contains a few bugs, but that’s also improved with time. But the good news is you can experience Android Nougat on Moto G 2nd Gen. The CM14 Android Nougat for Moto G 2nd Gen brings Nougat features to your device. Download Unofficial CM14 for Moto G 2014 from below.
- This ROM is work on Moto G 2nd Gen. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Unofficial CM14 for Moto G 2nd Gen
How to Install CM14 on Moto G 2nd Gen
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the CyanogenMod 14 ROM for Moto G 2nd Gen and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download CM14 for Moto G 2nd Gen and Update Moto G 2nd Gen to Android 7.0 Nougat. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.