Unofficial CyanogenMod 14 for Redmi 1S is now available for download. This is an initial build and contains few bugs. Recently Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for many Nexus Devices. Unofficial CM14 is already available for Yu Yuphoria, OnePlus 3, OnePlus X and more devices. And now CM14 ROM for Redmi 1S is available for download. XDA Senior Member GuneetAtwal posted the Unofficial CM14 for Redmi 1S. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download and Install Unofficial CM14 for Redmi 1S from below.
The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build for Redmi 1S and missing some features, but developers manage to make it usable. This build contains many bugs, but that’s improved with time. But the good news is you can experience Android Nougat on Redmi 1S. The CM14 Android Nougat for Redmi 1S brings Nougat features to your device. Download Unofficial CM14 for Redmi 1S from below.
- This ROM is work on Redmi 1S. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Unofficial CM14 for Redmi 1S
How to Install CM14 on Redmi 1S
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the CyanogenMod 14 ROM for Redmi 1S and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download CM14 for Redmi 1S and Update Redmi 1S to Android 7.0 Nougat. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.