Google in its Official Blog unleashing a beta version of the next major version of Android, “Android Q“. The new Android Q Beta comes with tons of new features along with a system-wide dark theme. Initial Android Q Beta for Google Pixel is for developers use only and not intended for daily or consumer use. From below you can Download Android Q Beta and Android Q Factory Images for Google Pixel devices.
Google did not use the Android Beta Program, which lets you get early Android builds via over-the-air (OTA). Instead of that, they released the Android Q Beta Factory Images for developers who want to get a head start on getting their apps ready. If you want to try the latest Android Q Beta 1 on your device then Download Android Q Beta for Google Pixel Devices from below.
There was two method to get Android Q Beta on your device, either install Android Q Beta OTA Updates through Android Beta Program (Not available for now) or Download Android Q Factory Image for Pixel Devices and flash it manually. Here we provide the download link for Android Q Beta 1 for Google Pixel Devices and method to install it manually.
Download Android Q Beta for Google Pixel Devices
Download Android Q Beta Factory Image –
- Google Pixel Android Q Factory Image – Download
- Factory Image of Android Q Beta for Pixel XL – Download
- Google Pixel 2 Android Q Factory Image – Download
- Google Pixel 2 XL Android Q Beta Factory Image – Download
- Google Pixel 3 Android Q Beta Factory Image – Download
- Google Pixel 3 XL Android Q Beta Factory Image – Download
- Download Android Q Factory Images for your device from above.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot driver installed (Check out How to setup ADB and Fastboot on windows and Setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac)
- Unlock Google Pixel Bootloader
- Installing Factory image will wipe all your phone data so take Complete Backup of your Device before proceeding.
How to Install Android Q Beta 1 on Pixel Devices –
Unlock Bootloader to Install Android Q Beta
1) First enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Go to ADB installation directory and press and hold ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in the folder and select ‘Open command window here’.
3) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt.
5) To unlock bootloader of Pixel on Android Q, go to the command line and type below command. It will only take seconds to complete the process.
fastboot flashing unlock
6) Now your device will reboot into bootloader mode.
Flashing Android Q Factory Image on Pixel Devices
1) Download the Android Q factory image for your device and unzip it.
2) Connect your device to the PC over USB and Enable USB Debugging option from setting>developer option>.
3) Now connect your device to PC and enter into the fastboot mode. To enter in fastboot mode press and hold ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power’ button or by typing “adb reboot bootloader”
4) Open the command prompt and navigate to the unzipped system image directory.
5) Now Execute the “flash-all.bat“, it will unzip the image files and install the necessary bootloader, baseband firmware(s), and operating system. The step will install Android Q Beta on Pixel devices.
If flash-all.bat file not works you can pass all commands manually by –
1) First, flash the bootloader and the radio
fastboot flash bootloader <bootloader file name here>.img fastboot flash radio <radio file name here>.img fastboot reboot-bootloader
2) Flash the recovery, boot, and system
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash system system.img
3) Now a full wipe, flash cache and userdata
fastboot flash cache cache.img fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
4) Reboot your device
So this the complete guide of install and Download Android Q Beta for Google Pixel Devices. If you have any doubts comments below.