Now you can Update OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat by an unofficial AOSP 7.0 ROM. Recently Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, and Google Pixel C. Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 are already available. And now AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for OnePlus One is available for download. XDA Senior Member updateing released the initial build of Android 7.0 AOSP ROM for OnePlus One. You need to be rooted, and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for OnePlus One from below.
The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build for OnePlus One and missing many features, but the developer still manages to make this ROM usable. This build contains bugs and it’s improved with time, but the good news is you can experience Android Nougat on OnePlus One. The Android Nougat for OnePlus One brings Nougat features to your OnePlus One. Download AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for OnePlus One from below to Update OnePlus One to Android 7.0 Nougat.
- HW disk encryption is likely broken. I reverted some commits to make cryptfs_hw build, but I’m not sure if that works. Do not try it.
- SELinux is permissive, and init allows service without a SELinux domain to start.
- GPS may take longer to obtain a position fix. (yes it’s working… sorry for the misunderstanding)
- Only Launcher2 is included. You may install a new one as you like.
- No LiveDisplay and gestures except DT2W (DT2W can not be turned off via Settings app for now).
- This ROM is work on OnePlus One. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for OnePlus One
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on OnePlus One
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the Android 7.0 ROM and Gapps from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Download AOSP 7.0 Nougat ROM for OnePlus One and Update Oneplus one to Android 7.0 Nougat. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.
Source – XDA