Now you can Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat. Recently Google released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, and Google Pixel C. But the Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 5 won’t be available officially. XDA Recognized Developer Santhosh M working on the AOSP Nougat 7.0 for Nexus 5 and provide the initial build for users. You need to be rooted and TWRP installed on your device to use this ROM. Download AOSP Nougat 7.0 ROM for Nexus 5 from below.
The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build for Nexus 5 and contains many bugs hence can’t be used as a daily driver by any means. So flash only if you are ok with bugs. This build contains bugs and it’s improved with time but the good news is you can experience Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 5. The Android 7.0 Nougat update for Nexus 5 brings Nougat features to your Nexus 5. Check how to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat from below.
- Audio (works for calls & basics. Haven’t checked music)
- Other stuff which not mentioned under not working
- Many more
- This ROM is work on Nexus 5. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP Nougat 7.0 ROM for Nexus 5
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for Nexus 5
How to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the Android 7.0 ROM from above and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
this is the complete guide to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.
Source – XDA