Today we share a link to Download Magisk v16.6 and Latest Magisk Manager 5.8.0 for Android. XDA developer topjohnwu release the new version of Magisk v16.6 now officially supports Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+, brings major improvements to support Project Treble GSIs and A/B devices, fixes random Root loss issue, and more. Download Magisk v16.6 and Magisk Manager v5.8.0 from below.
If you already have Magisk installed, to update you just need to download the latest version Magisk Manager 5.8.0 APK and update things inside the app. You may also need to re-toggle Magisk Hide before SafetyNet inquiries are passed. Download Magisk v16.6 for Android from below.
Magisk packs with a super powerful Universal Systemless Interface for Android which is aimed to make custom mods go systemless. Magisk is similar to Systemless root by Chainfire which allowed users to get root access without modifying the system partition. Both apps are allowing uninterrupted installation for OTA updates even when the device is Rooted. But Magisk gives you more controls and Installing systemless root via Magisk also allows you to use Android Pay with root. Check the below guide to Download and Install Magisk v16.6 on Android right now.
Magisk 16.6 Features and Changelogs
– [General] Add wrapper script to overcome weird LD_XXX flags set in apps
– [General] Prevent bootloop when flashing Magisk after full wipe on FBE devices
– [Scripts] Support patching DTB placed in extra sections in boot images (Samsung S9/S9+)
– [Scripts] Add support for addon.d-v2 (untested)
– [Scripts] Fix custom recovery console output in addon.d
– [Scripts] Fallback to parsing sysfs for detecting block devices
– [Daemon] Check whether a valid Magisk Manager is installed on boot, if not, install stub APK embedded in magiskinit
– [Daemon] Check whether Magisk Manager is repackaged (hidden), and prevent malware from hijacking com.topjohnwu.magisk
– [Daemon] Introduce new daemon: magisklogd, a dedicated daemon to handle all logcat related monitoring
– [Daemon] Replace old invincible mode with handshake between magiskd and magisklogd, one will respwan the other if disconnected
– [Daemon] Support GSI adbd bind mounting
– [MagiskInit] Support detecting block names in upper case (Samsung)
– [MagiskBoot] Check DTB headers to prevent false detections within kernel binary
– [MagiskHide] Compare mount namespace with PPID to make sure the namespace is actually separated, fix root loss
– [MagiskSU] Simplify su_info caching system, should use less resources and computing power
– [MagiskSU] Reduce the amount of broadcasting to Magisk Manager
– [ImgTool] Separate all ext4 image related operations to a new applet called “imgtool”
– [ImgTool] Use precise free space calculation methods
– [ImgTool] Use our own set of loop devices hidden along side with sbin tmpfs overlay. This not only eliminates another possible detection method, but also fixes apps that mount OBB files as loop devices (huge thanks to dev of Pzizz for reporting this issue)
Magisk Manager 5.8.0 Features and Changelogs –
– Remain hidden when upgrading within repackaged Magisk Manager
– New feature: support reconstructing a proper Magisk environment if error detected (e.g. after factory reset)
– New uninstall method: download uninstaller and completely remove Magisk + Magisk Manager, following with a reboot
– Hidden apps are now shown on the top of the list in MagiskHide fragment
– Tons of under-the-hood bug fixes and improvements
- Installing Magisk on Android required Unlocked Bootloader.
- You must have working TWRP Recovery Installed on your device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- It may erase your data, so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Magisk v16.6 and Magisk Manager 5.8.0 for Android
How to Install Magisk v16.6 on Android Phones
Installing Magisk on your device is very simple all you have to Download Magisk 16.6 from above and flash it via TWRP. If you already have Magisk installed, to update you just need to download the latest version Magisk Manager APK and update things inside the app.