Android 8.0 Oreo Update for OnePlus 3/3T start rolling out as OxygenOS Open Beta. The company previously starts the Android Oreo closed beta for few OnePlus 3/3T and now released the Android Oreo OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16 for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T for all users. The new OxygenOS 25/16 for OnePlus 3/3T brings all Android 8.0 features like Picture in Picture mode, Auto-fill, Smart text selection, Quick settings design, and bring latest September security patch. Download OnePlus 3/3T Android 8.0 Oreo Update from below.
The update is an “OxygenOS Open Beta” and you will receive the OTA if you are on previous Open Beta build else you have to flash it manually via ADB Sideload. After flashing OxygenOS Open Beta 16 on OnePlus 3T and OxygenOS Open Beta 25 on OnePlus 3 you will continue getting the OTA. Stable Oreo based OxygenOS for OnePlus 3/3T will be rolled out soon until then Download OnePlus 3/3T Android 8.0 Oreo Update from below and flash it manually. Also check LineageOS 15 for OnePlus 3/3T.
Recently OnePlus released the stable OxygenOS 4.5.0 for OnePlus 3/3T, but if you want early access to new features, then you must try the latest Open beta for OnePlus 3/3T. Download OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16 for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T from below. Check below what’s new in OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16.
Features of OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16
- System changes
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- September security patch
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Launcher changes
- Added Notification dots in Launcher
- Added OnePlus account login for access to Shot on OnePlus
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through wallpapers
- Fingerprint actions may be slower than you are used to.
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable
- Some stability issues with NFC and bluetooth
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will continue to be optimized
- This method is only for the OnePlus 3/3T.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will not erase your data, but still, we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download OnePlus 3/3T Android 8.0 Oreo Update
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 25/16 on OnePlus 3/3T
1) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the OxygenOS Open Beta 16 OTA zip file for OnePlus 3T or OxygenOS Open Beta 25 OTA zip for OnePlus 3 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
3) Choose Install from USB
4) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
5) On ADB folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
6) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
7) Flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 16 on OnePlus 3T by typing below command
adb sideload File Name.zip
8) Now wait until the process completes and then Reboot the phone.
So if you want to update OnePlus 3/3T to Android 8.0 Oreo then Download OnePlus 3/3T Android 8.0 Oreo Update and flash it on your device. Let us know if you have any questions by comment below.
Source – OnePlus