Experienced marketers are aware that organic social media can be one of the most significant sources of high-quality leads.
Even though most marketing enthusiasts think about paid social media campaigns when they start to develop a way to quickly drive traffic, there is also a lot of valuable traffic that can be generated organically.
A good portion of the 25.6% of website traffic driven by social media comes from organic sources. The people that make up this figure are genuinely interested in your brand and are actively considering buying from you.
So, what can you do to capture these leads effectively? And how can you master the organic way to dominate social media for your business?
Take a look.
Create content that converts
No conversions can be made without compelling content, even on social media pages.
However, keep in mind that everyone on social media (your rivals included) is competing for people’s attention. To make the matter even more difficult, people don’t have much patience when it comes to the content they see.
There is so much content being posted daily that social media lovers have zero tolerance for low-quality posts.
Whatever you post needs to be top quality, as that is the only way to get the audience to click on your posts. And the more they click, the better your chances to convert are.
Produce content that adds value, only share images with high resolution, and make sure that you have proper links and CTAs. Wherever possible, ensure that each post has a clear link and an attractive call-to-action button that visitors can see.
Consider these clickable/tappable functionalities:
- Swipe up (Instagram stories)
- Tag products (Facebook Shop)
- Shoppable Instagram posts
- YouTube cards and end screens
Finally, if you plan on producing and posting content pieces regularly, it would be wise to take advantage of good social media management software. This kind of software can automate a lot of mundane tasks (scheduled posts, for instance), which will leave you with more time that can be used for more important business activities.
Optimize your social media pages
Do not plan your next social media strategy before you optimize your social media pages. It is necessary to ensure that everything is in place for you to gather leads organically.
Each of your social media pages should provide the means for visitors to contact you, sign up for your newsletter, shop, and more.
Check the following details and see if they are correct and properly written:
- Business contact information – the contact details have to be readily available on your pages.
- Call-to-action buttons – different platforms offer different features, different networks require different CTAs.
- Add a link to your bio – this can be exploited on Instagram. If you have no specific tools available, add a link to your bio. The bio space can be used for this purpose on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, too.
Also, if you haven’t refreshed your logos and cover images in a while, consider doing so. Make sure that they are high-resolution and that they look appealing across all devices.
User-friendly landing pages
Once you have convinced a visitor to click on the link you have left on one of your social media pages, don’t fail them with a bad landing page.
For a start, keep in mind that the landing page has to be relevant. If a customer is expecting to find a specific product or specific information when they click on your link, it should be there. Fail to include the corresponding content, and you will make it easier for someone to close a window or forget why they came there in the first place.
A landing page that gets the work done should be visually appealing and easily scannable. It needs to provide users with a clear path, and it should be as personalized as possible (according to the link a user has clicked on).
If the landing page has a form, try to keep it as simple as possible. Each unnecessary question that is included reduces the chances of someone completing the actual form. Also, the more details you request, the less likely you are to get them.
Hook them with the right incentive
Provide the motivation to your fans to share the content you produce across all social media pages. This depends on the kind of leads you want to collect, but it’s worth noting that there are different kinds of incentives that you can offer to sugarcoat the whole process.
Take a look at a few popular incentives that have worked for many businesses:
- Contests – holding a social media contest is a good way to acquire leads. For instance, you could ask participants to share various details that may be interesting to your business. These details should be of value to your business later on.
- Discount codes – various brands always offer discount codes in exchange for a newsletter sign-up or even a subscription to their YouTube channel. Discount codes or rewards points encourage users to come back again to the website and potentially make a purchase.
- Gated content – this is heavily dependent on the industry your business belongs to. However, gated content, including whitepapers, invite-only webinars, or even access to private Facebook Groups, makes for compelling incentives. For example, ask for an email address to deliver a whitepaper.
It is clear that content marketing is evolving, and interactivity is slowly becoming the name of the game. A good idea, considering this, would be to hold interactive quizzes to capture more leads on your social media pages.
People love quizzes, and they are great if you want fun and engaging content that can provide good results for your business. Quizzes easily capture people’s attention and stimulate curiosity.
That is exactly why you should consider using them to generate leads. Post about it on social media, direct your followers to quizzes on your website, and that’s it.
Keep in mind that you should create an interesting and playful quiz with short and easy questions. Make sure to ask for basic contact details, such as name and email, before you reveal the score. That is a smart way to easily generate new leads for your business.
Generating leads can be challenging for many marketers across all industries. Luckily, social media can be used as one of the best weapons to get you high-quality leads.
So, take special care of organic social media traffic, as it could be extremely valuable in the long run.