This guide will help you to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) on your Android phone. As we know Cyanogen team is working on the latest update and many devices already gets the unofficial CM14 ROM for their devices. If you downloaded Cm14 ROM for your device and didn’t know how to install that then, this post is for you. Here we share how to install CM14 on your Android device.
Cyanogen is a vast community which provides features you cannot find it on stock Android. It’s a base of many popular custom ROMs. CyanogenMod 14 is next version of popular CyanogenMod 13 (CM13) ROM which is based on latest Android 7.0 Nougat. Many users are looking forward to updating their device to the latest version. Here we share How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) on your Android phone.
This method to install CM14 on Android device is not a device specific. If a CM14 custom ROM is available for your device, then you can use this guide. To install CM14 on your Android device, all you need is a rooted device with a custom recovery like installed and CM14 gapps for your device. You can find step by step guide of How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) on your Android phone from below.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Take a complete backup of your phone for safer side and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) on your Android phone
1) First, download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
2) Download the CyanogenMod 14 ROM for your device and save it on your device.
3) Now Boot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button” (It may differ from your device).
4) Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create a Nandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
5) Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
6) Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file (Optional).
7) Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
This is the complete guide to Install CM14 (CyanogenMod 14) on your Android phone. Let us know if you have any questions via comments below.