This guide helps you to root Lenovo k3 note and install custom recovery on it. Lenovo k3 note is the most successful phone by Lenovo. The company also planned to launch K4 Note on Jan 15th, 2016. The phone feature a 5.5-inch FHD 1080p display and powered by powerful Octa-core 1.7 GHz Mediatek MT6752. The phone has 13 MP rear camera with Autofocus and LED Flash and decent 5 MP front camera for clicking selfies. This phone is one of the best phones under Rs 10,000.
Once you root Lenovo k3 note and install custom recovery you will be able to remove pre-installed apps because of that you Free up storage space. Increase battery life by automatically killing background apps, and also Upgrade your phone to a newer version of Android by flashing custom ROM. These are some benefits of rooting now proceed to root Lenovo k3 note and install custom recovery on it, but first you need to download some files. Files required to Root Lenovo K3 Note and install custom recovery –
1) Download ADB and fastboot driver by Xda member @Snoop05 and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
2) Download and install Universal ADB driver for Lenovo k3 note if above doesn’t work.
3) Download cwm recovery for k3 note CWM_Recovery.img and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
4) Download SuperSu and copy it to your phone sd card.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It may or may not erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Procedure to Root Lenovo K3 Note and Install Custom Recovery: –
1) Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent accidental shutdown between the process.
2) Now enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window there by pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
5) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
6) In command prompt type “fastboot devices” and hit enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connect properly otherwise check the device driver again.
7) Type this command correctly in command prompt without quotes “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
8) Now type ‘fastboot boot recovery.img’ in command prompt it will reboot your phone into recovery mode.
9) You are in recovery mode now or press “Volume UP+Down+Power Button” to enter into recovery mode.
10) In CWM Recovery use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
11) Now navigate to “Install Zip from sdcard” then Select “Choose Zip from sdcard” and browse the SuperSu Zip.
12) Select the SuperSu Zip file from the list, and then choose “Yes-Install SuperSu.zip” to flash it.
13) Now just go back and select Reboot system to reboot your phone.Now you root lenovo k3 note and install custom recovery on it successfully. You can also Root Lenovo k3 note with one click if you don’t want custom recovery.
Also Check: – How to Root Lenovo k4 Note
So this is the complete guide of how to root Lenovo K3 note and install custom recovery with easy steps. All you need to do is follow these steps correctly and your phone will be rooted in no time.To verify root access, just download root checker from Google Play store and confirm if your device has gained root access. If you have any questions, then comment below.