Asus starts rolling out Marshmallow update for Zenfone max. Zenfone Max is the second phone from Asus which received the Marshmallow firmware. Asus ZenFone 2 Laser already received the Android Marshmallow update . The update is an Official Beta which rolled out in phase wise manner. The update is rolling out via OTA (Over the Air) but for those who don’t want to wait for the OTA update can manually Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow. The ASUS ZenFone Max runs on Android Lollipop but now you can Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow. The new Marshmallow update packed with features like Now on Tap, Doze Mode, App Permissions and more. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for ASUS ZenFone Max available via OTA (over-the-air) and it is about 1.1GB in size with build number V220.127.116.11. Here we provide you the OTA zip file with that you can Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow manually via ADB. You check the ASUS Android M Update Timeline from below.
List of Asus Phones to get Android Marshmallow Update –
ASUS already posted an update on its Android 6.0 Marshmallow rollout plans, the list contains eight phones which will receive a Marshmallow update. ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL and Zenfone Max receives the Marshmallow update and model numbers ZE550KG/ZE550KL/ZE600KL/ZE601KL would be next in line.
- PadFone S (PF500KL)
- ZenFone 2 (ZE550ML, ZE551ML)
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe (ZE551ML)
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition (ZE551ML)
- ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE500KG, ZE500KL, ZE550KL, ZE551KL, ZE600KL, ZE601KL)
- ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL)
- ZenFone Max (ZC550KL)
- ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML)
- Make sure you at least 2GB of free space on your device.
- This process is only for ZenFone Max (ZC550KL) so don’t try this on any other variant.
- Battery level should be 75% before you Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow.
- It is recommended to take backup of your device and do a factory reset after installing the update if you are facing forced closed error.
Download Marshmallow OTA File for ASUS ZenFone Max –
- Download ASUS ZenFone Max Marshmallow update file – Download
How to Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow Manually –
1) To manually check the update, you can head over to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update.
2) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the Android Marshmallow Beta for Asus Zenfone Max ZC550KL from above Copy ROM to a folder.
5) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing Power+Volume UP
6) On Marshmallow beta ROM folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
7) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed you’re ready to flash the ROM
8) On Marshmallow beta ROM folder open the S3V3N_cmd file.
9) Now Command prompt will pop up, type below command to Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow Manually.
flashall_AFT WW_ZC550KL_V 18.104.22.168 _M3.1.39_Phone-user.raw
10) Wait until the process finish and restart.
11) Done! you Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow successfully.
This is the simplest way to Update ASUS ZenFone Max to Marshmallow manually. If you have any questions, comment below.