Good News for ZenFone 2 Laser users, Asus starts rolling out Android Marshmallow update for ZenFone 2 Laser. The update is an Official Beta which rolled out in phase wise manner. The update is rolling out via OTA (Over the Air) but for those who don’t want to wait for the OTA update can manually Update ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser to Marshmallow. If you don’t like the stock ROM then you can also download CM13 ROM for Asus Zenfone 2 laser. The ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser runs on Android Lollipop but now you can Update ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser to Marshmallow. The new Marshmallow update packed with features like Now on Tap, Doze Mode, App Permissions and more. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser available via OTA (over-the-air) and it is about 1.03GB in size with build number V220.127.116.11. Here we provide you the OTA zip file with that you can Update ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser to Marshmallow manually via ADB. You check the ASUS Android M Update Timeline from below.
List of Asus Phones to get Android Marshmallow Update –
ASUS already posted an update on its Android 6.0 Marshmallow rollout plans, the list contains eight phones which will receive a Marshmallow update. ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL receives the Marshmallow update and model numbers ZE550KG/ZE550KL/ZE600KL/ZE601KL would be next in line.
- PadFone S (PF500KL)
- ZenFone 2 (ZE550ML, ZE551ML)
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe (ZE551ML)
- ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition (ZE551ML)
- ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE500KG, ZE500KL, ZE550KL, ZE551KL, ZE600KL, ZE601KL)
- ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL)
- ZenFone Max (ZC550KL)
- ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML)
- Make sure you at least 2GB of free space on your device.
- This process is only for ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE500KL) so don’t try this on any other variant.
- Battery level should be 75% before you Update ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser to Marshmallow.
- It is recommended to take backup of your device and do a factory reset after installing the update if you are facing forced closed error.
Download Marshmallow OTA File for ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser –
- Download ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser ZE500KL Marshmallow update file – (Download)|(Mirror)
- Download ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser ZE550KL Marshmallow update file – Download
- Download ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE500KL) Lollipop Base File – download
- Download ASUS ZenFone 2 Marshmallow update – Download
How to Update ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser to Marshmallow Manually –
1) To manually check the update, you can head over to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update.
2) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3) To update Asus Zenfone 2 Laser to Marshmallow manually, you must be on software version 18.104.22.168 (Check at Settings>about>software version).
5) Download the Android Marshmallow Beta for Asus Zenfone 2 laser ZE500KL from above Copy ROM to a folder.
6) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing Power+Volume down
7) Choose Apply Update from ADB
8) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
9) On Marshmallow beta ROM folder press shift+right click and click on open command here.
10) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed you’re ready to flash the ROM
11) Flash the Marshmallow Beta ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser by typing below command
adb sideload WW_ZE500KL_V22.214.171.124_20160417.zip
12) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone (first boot will be longer than 5 minutes)
13) Done! you Update ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser to Marshmallow successfully.
This is the easiest way to Update ASUS ZenFone 2 Laser to Marshmallow manually. If you have any questions, comment below.