Good news for Asus ZenFone 5 users, Android 9 Pie update for ZenFone 5 starts rolling out and available for download. Asus ZenFone 5 Android Pie update rolling out for ZE620KL variant and comes withbuild number 16.0610.1812.58. Follow below guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on ZenFone 5.
The Android Pie for ZenFone 5 brings latest ZenUI with several new features and UI enhancements along with latest December 2018 Security patches. Download Android 9.0 Pie for ZenFone 5 from below.
There is two method to get Android Pie on your device either install Android Pie OTA Updates or Download the Android Pie OTA and flash it manually. Here we share the Android Pie FOTA for ZenFone 5 with that you can update ZenFone 5 to Android Pie manually. Follow below guide to Download and Install Android Pie on ZenFone 5.
- This Firmware file is only for Asus ZenFone 5 ZE620KL. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It may erase your data so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download ZenFone 5 Android 9 Pie OTA
- Download Android 9.0 Pie OTA for ZenFone 5 – Download
How to Install Android 9 Pie on ZenFone 5 –
1) First, Download the files from above save it on your device, and rename it to update.zip.
2) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing Power+Volume Down.
3) Now in recovery mode choose to apply update from sdcard.
4) Now select the update.zip file.
5) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone.
1) To manually check the update, you can head over to Settings > About phone > System updates > Check For Update.
2) Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
4) Download the Android Pie FOTA for Asus Zenfone 5 from above Copy ROM to ADB folder.
6) Now Turn Off your phone and boot into recovery mode by pressing Power+Volume Down
7) Choose Apply Update from ADB
8) Now Connect your phone to Laptop/PC
9) On ADB and Fastboot folder, press shift+right click and click on open command here.
10) Now check your connection by typing the below command
if your device is listed you’re ready to flash the ROM
11) Flash the Android Pie OTA on Zenfone 5 by typing below command
adb sideload File_name.zip
12) Now wait until the process complete and then Reboot the phone (first boot will be longer than 5 minutes)
So this the complete guide to Download and Install Android 9 Pie on ZenFone 5. Have any questions? Do let us know that in the comments below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.