Here we share a guide to Install Stock Firmware on Huawei/Honor Devices. Installing Stock ROM on Huawei/honor devices is different from Pixel, OnePlus, Samsung or other OEMs. Previously you can easily install the stock ROM with the dload method but with the most recent versions, the dload method won’t work on some devices. You need TWRP recovery to install the updates. That’s why we share both dload and TWRP method to Install Stock Firmware on Huawei/Honor Devices.
There are two ways to install stock firmware manually on Huawei phones, one is via stock recovery and second is from TWRP Recovery. Again there are two ways to install stock firmware on Huawei or Honor phone via TWRP. First simply flash the files via TWRP Recovery and the second one is flash the files via HuRUpdater (Huawei Recovery Updater).
HuRUpdater is a simple tool shared by XDA Senior member zxz0O0, which is used to install Stock ROM on Huawei and Honor devices. This tool is very simple to use and use TWRP to flash files. Here is the list of devices supported HuRUpdater Tool – Huawei P20/P9/P9 Lite/P10 Lite/P8 Lite (2017), Huawei P Smart, Huawei Mate 9/10/10 Lite/RS Porsche Design, Huawei Nova 2i, Honor 6x/7x/8/9, and Honor View 10.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
How to Install Stock Firmware on Huawei/Honor Devices
Install Stock Firmware on Huawei/Honor Devices via HuRUpdater
- Make sure your device have bootloader unlocked and TWRP Recovery installed on your device.
- Download HuRUpdater Tool and firmware files.
- Put files you want to flash in a separate folder on sdcard and rename the “update_data_full_public.zip” file to update_data_public.zip and the second data file “update_full_XXX_hw_eu.zip” to update_all_hw.zip (name must match):
- update.zip (use FullOTA file)
- Optional: Put recovery.img in the same folder if you want to keep custom recovery.
- Put HuRUpdater zip in the same folder. Example:
- Now turn off your device and boot into Recovery mode.
- Select only HuRUpdater to flash in custom recovery.
- Follow instructions on the screen. Flashing can take multiple minutes.
Install Stock Firmware using Huawei or Honor devices using TWRP
- First, you need to unlock the bootloader and download and install a custom recovery. If you already had an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download Firmware files and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In TWRP first flash the update.zip file and once done without rebooting your device moves to the next step.
- Now flash the update_full_EVA-L09_hw_eu.zip and update_data_full_public.zip files.
- Wait until the process finish.
- Done! Reboot your device and enjoy.
Installing Stock ROM on Huawei/Honor phones using dload
The dload method works on a device with stock recovery. This method is for older devices and most probably won’t work on the latest version of Android.
- First, download the ROM and extract it.
- Now create a folder dload in the root of your SD card and place the update.app file in that folder.
- Now dial *#*#2846579#*#* from your phone dialer to open a hidden menu.
- Now click on Project Menu -> Software Upgrade -> SDCard Upgrade.
- Now select and run the update.
- Wait until the installation process is complete and then reboot your device.
This is the easiest way to Install Stock Firmware on Huawei/Honor Devices. If you have any questions comment below. Stay connected with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus to read more such helpful posts.