Today we discuss how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. Now you can download TWRP 3.0.0 recovery for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. But before you Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser, you need to unlock Bootloader of Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. Asus is now providing an official unlocking tool with the help of that you can easily Unlock Bootloader of Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. The bootloader unlocking tool is available on Asus’s official website. You can install the apk and run the file after reading the warning, and The phone will go through the automated process and unlock Bootloader of Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. After that, you can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser.
If you are an Asus ZenFone 2 Laser user, then you can Root Asus ZenFone 2 Laser and Install TWRP Recovery On Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser 1080p (Z00T).
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser 720p (Z00L).
- Download SuperSu to root Asus ZenFone 2 Laser and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below.
adb reboot bootloader
5) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
6) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7) Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
9) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Asus ZenFone 2 Laser.
13) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Asus ZenFone 2 Laser and install custom recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser successfully.
That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. If you have any questions, then comment below.