TWRP 3.0.0 is now available for Redmi 2. Now you can easily Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 2. Now you can download TWRP 3.0.0 recovery for Redmi 2. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Xiaomi Redmi 2. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a completely new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 2.
If you are a Redmi 2 user, then you can Root Redmi 2 and Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi 2. And if you already install custom recovery on Redmi 2 then you can flash the latest version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 2. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Redmi 2. Also, check the benefits of rooting from below.
Some benefits of Rooting –
- You can install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device for faster and better performance.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- You can use Titanium Backup to restore all of your apps and data.
- You can uninstall bloatware (Pre-installed Apps)
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- This is only for Redmi 2 (Lollipop) so don’t try it on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It may erase all phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Redmi 2 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for Redmi 2 (For 2014811/17/18/19/21)
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for Redmi 2 (For 2014813/816/2014112)
- Download SuperSu to root Redmi 2 and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 2 –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Redmi 2 zip file from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below.
adb reboot bootloader
5) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
6) Now Run the “Flash-TWRP.bat” from the pre-unpacked archive.
7) The above command will install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 2.
8) To root redmi 2, boot into recovery mode by turn off the phone and press ‘Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button’.
9) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Redmi 2.
13) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Redmi 2 and install custom recovery on Redmi 2 successfully.
That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 2. If you have any questions, then comment below.