This guide helps you to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5. Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi recently launched it’s flagship device Xiaomi Mi 5. The Mi 5 has 5.15-inch Full HD (1080p) IPS display with almost zero bezels and has a pixel density of 428PPI and weighs only 129g. Under the hood, the phone powered by the Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset and an Adreno 530 GPU. The Mi5 comes with 3GB RAM and 32GB Interna storage with 3D glass back. Xiaomi also integrates a fingerprint sensor in the physical home button. Check out specifications of Mi 5. The phone recently launched, but developers already find a way to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5. Follow the below steps to Root Xiaomi Mi5 and Install TWRP on Mi5.
If you are a Xiaomi Mi 5 user, then you can Root Xiaomi Mi 5 and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi 5. Thanks to developer Cofface for providing the unofficial version of TWRP for Xiaomi Mi 5. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5. Read the below note carefully before you Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Rooting may void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- This will/may brick your device, if you apply official OTA updates, using this custom recovery
- It will erase all your phone data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5 –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- You need to Unlock your Phone’s Bootloader. Check out How to unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Download TWRP Recovery , Official TWRP for Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Download SuperSu to root Xiaomi Mi 5 and copy it to your phone sd card.
TWRP CHANGELOG –
- Remove Boot Verify patch, to fix official ROM OTA update (to prevent bootloop)
- Included ‘Boot Verify’ option in ‘Advanced Settings’
Known Issue (TWRP) –
- TWRP Touch is not responding for 3-4 min.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5 –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Xiaomi Mi5 from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below command or pressing “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader
4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6) Now type below command in command prompt or by pressing “volume up + power button” to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
8) Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
9) Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”.
10) Now go to the option Reboot to recovery and allow disable recovery flash.
11) Now repeat step Number 5 and no need to format data again.
12) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Xiaomi Mi5.
13) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Xiaomi Mi5 and install custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi5 successfully. The first reboot takes some time to start the system.
That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 5. If you have any questions, then comment below.