Today we discuss how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. Now you can download Official TWRP 3.0.0 recovery for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 3.0.0 on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. The new update of TWRP 3.0.0 has a completely new look, true terminal emulator, support Android 6.0 and now you can flash image files also. Follow this guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G.
If you are a Redmi Note 4G user, then you can Root Redmi Note 4G and Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 4G. And if you already install custom recovery on Redmi Note 4G then you can flash the latest version of the TWRP recovery to get more benefits. So here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Redmi Note 4G.
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Redmi Note 4G –
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP 3.0 Recovery for Redmi Note 4G.
- Download SuperSu to root Redmi Note 4G and copy it to your phone sd card.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G –
1) First, enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
3) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
4) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing below command or pressing “Power + Volume Down + Volume UP” button at the same time.
adb reboot bootloader
5) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
6) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7) Now type below command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8) With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
9) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G
13) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Redmi Note 4G and install custom recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G successfully.
That’s all; this is the complete guide of how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. If you have any questions, then comment below.